Talk

Advanced search

How to fit in

(8 Posts)
serendipia1907 Wed 11-Oct-17 17:54:47

Question. I have quite a delicate situation so not really AIBU but WWYD.

I started working for a company (a bank) last year in November when I lived in my home city. It was amazing, was going to work happy, had a fabulous team & long story short I enjoyed being there doing what I did.

Then I met someone (highlight of my life now, everything else is crap), and I decided to move where he's from (50 km away, different city), so I tried to find a way to get a transfer in the same bank. Lucky me (or so I thought), I found this position which is a bit higher and managed to move here.

My first day was two weeks ago on Monday. Since then I come home shattered, yelled at or even worse ignored when asking questions/help. I'll try to be short. We're not supposed to do field work, but they require us to do. Which is fine. Except I went every single day first and second week, and every single day this week, whilst everyone else rotated and their turn came 2 times a week tops.

I did this everyday for 5-6 hours, outside in rain & cold, ran back to work to catch up and just worked my ass off as hard as I could. Which is fine. But every single day I got yelled at I didn't do enough, Move quicker (trust me I didn't even have a lunch break at all! I didn't eat in 9 hours), I got ignored when asked for help and they all spoke to me like I am shit just giving orders around. The bosses are mean and inhumane, and I feel lost.

So, regarding the fact there are no jobs atm, I have no chance to get a different job, how do I adapt? I feel like telling them to stop talking to me like that and be nicer but I know this would make it all worse. What do I do to make them like me and make my life more bearable?

I hope this made sense and I can get some useful advice for people who went through similar stuff.

Thanks, lovely people.

serendipia1907 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:16:48

Anyone?🙁

Tapandgo Wed 11-Oct-17 18:18:01

You must have a Line Manager to discuss the issues with - get a meeting asap.
You do need to state clearly that you won't accept being spoken to disrespectfully - or to be shouted at. You need to get some lines in the sand drawn - or it will get worse.

2ndTimeMother Wed 11-Oct-17 18:39:02

I agree you need to arrange a meeting with your line manager or if your not comfortable with this do they have a HR department you could contact?

Whiskeywithwater Wed 11-Oct-17 18:42:20

If it's a bank, then the FCA have a massive Conduct & Culture programme running at the moment. That includes how employees are treated. You're bank must be FCA registered and are required to have a Whistleblower facility. Blow it ...

HighFiveMummy Wed 11-Oct-17 18:45:28

I don't understand sorry. Field work? For a bank?

serendipia1907 Wed 11-Oct-17 19:02:18

Thanks everyone!

@HighFiveMummy I can't give any specific details as I'm afraid it will out me!

serendipia1907 Wed 11-Oct-17 19:05:32

My line manager is one of the 2 bosses who shout.....

I so freaking hate direct conflict and I freaking avoid it. Probably that's why they make me do all this stuff.

Also I have noticed all the other staff speak to her like she's divinity. I can't do this- I am a fair & professional individual, I except a nice collaboration, not to worship my boss nor make jokes with them....

Honestly I can't sleep at night.

I am also a member of a union, do you think that might help or make my life hell?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now