Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Building work & neighbours..I know I am BU but I just need to vent!!!

(8 Posts)
EdinaMonsoon Wed 11-Oct-17 17:04:23

OMG. The constant pounding of sledge hammers, drilling, dust, men on scaffolding looking directly into my kitchen & bedroom, playing the radio, shouting at full volume to have a conversation. Unable to use the garden during most of the summer months due to noise and lack of privacy (I know, they are too busy working to gawp...but you'd be surprised and anyway it's just not relaxing is it?!)

I am unable to concentrate on work - I work from home and my study overlooks their current building site. Cannot contemplate having a window open due to sodding noise & brick dust/sawdust general grime & crap. I work with fabrics - brick-dust chic is not the look most of my clients are after hmm

This has been going on for 4 months now. Whenever I ask if the end is in sight, I get told "a few more weeks". They both work outside of the home and are back after the work has finished each day so probably don't appreciate the hell that is other people's building noise. I am literally at banging my head against brick wall stage...which obviously would drown out the sound of their f*cking banging.

I know I am being extremely unreasonable. Live and let live. They have the right to extend the house etc etc. They are not working during "unsociable hours". But my god I have had enough angry. They moved in a year ago and it has been one sodding project after another.

Idontevencareanymore Wed 11-Oct-17 17:10:36

I hear you! I recently had work done on my roof and the noise drove me wild! And that was my work!
Hopefully it will end soon.

EdinaMonsoon Wed 11-Oct-17 17:12:10

Thank you Idontevencareanymore I think it's made worse by the fact that I live in a rural village. Tis usually blissfully quiet.

FaFoutis Wed 11-Oct-17 17:18:19

You are not being unreasonable at all. That sounds hideous.
I work from home too and my next door neighbours are so bored that they do one building project after the other. The wankers.
We should be able to rent an office and charge them for it.

ohhereweareagain Wed 11-Oct-17 17:24:15

We have the same. Two separate neighbours opposite keep having extensions. Oddly enough the two things that drive me mad the most are the CONSTANT van door slams and the bloody loud noise of the portaloo being emptied followed closely by the noise of skips being replaced and the workmen CONSTANT loud banter..😡😡😡😡

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 11-Oct-17 17:35:26

Have you tried some kind of headphones to reduce the noise impact?

3teenageboys Wed 11-Oct-17 22:51:13

Very large house being built next door. It's now in its 4th year!!! I'm told it will be complete soon. Sheer f****ing hell! You have my sympathy 😐

birdladyfromhomealone Wed 11-Oct-17 22:56:07

our neighbours are doing a self build 2 story extension with a jack hammer in their nike canvas trainers - 3 weeks in. we have already had words. they say it will be done by January.
I hope he drills through his foot before then so he has to employ proper builders!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now