Talk

Advanced search

To expect a letting agent to earn their ridiculous fees?

(3 Posts)
justakiss Wed 11-Oct-17 13:25:36

So angry. We found a house we want to rent in a location we are really keen on. In fact I would go so far as to say the location is amazing. Clearly we need to look around before we apply for tenancy.

Managed by a letting agents with extortionate fees. The first appointment we made to view no one turned up to show us round and there was no one in.

They said the tenant should have been there but apologised and we booked a new appointment for yesterday. Again we got there and there was no agent, we knocked and a very intimidating large man with no shirt on answered and invited us to go in and view. We politely declined. We wouldn't give it the time of day but we are on a tight time schedule and it really is the best location. They are today saying we can go back and view again tonight but it will only be with the tenant to show us around. Surely that's their job?! And we need them there to answer questions, tell us how to complete the application and so on. Not to
Mention being a big frightened to go into a strange mans house who was so huge he could easily murder both me and my husband quite easily grin

BarbarianMum Wed 11-Oct-17 13:46:40

If you believe the current tenant is a murderer then maybe look for a different property? Save worrying about bad smells from the drains and odd stains on the walls.

pisacake Wed 11-Oct-17 13:48:41

Difficult to say it's possible the estate agent are lazy shiny-shirted cunts, but it's equally possible the tenant told them 'we don't want you cunts in our house' and said they would do the viewing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now