Talk

Advanced search

Minor irritants that are actually awful.

(278 Posts)
CredulousThickos Wed 11-Oct-17 12:08:51

Going to bed to discover you stripped the sheets earlier and failed to remake the bed.

Running a fabulous bubble bath and realising it’s run cold.

Waking up feeling crappy and remembering you oven-prided the oven yesterday in a fit of domesticated goddessing and you have to deal with it today.

Spilling your only glass of wine.

Making toast and then realising someone’s used the last of the butter and put it back in the fridge.

Day ruiners, all of these.

AIBU?

MrsJayy Wed 11-Oct-17 12:12:46

Going to bed to a stripped bed is soul destroying YANBU

waking up needing a pee 30 minutes before your alarm is so annoying.

Whe n the last of your milk smells iffy you use it anyway and you get floaty bits in your coffee ruined my morning yesterday

Talith Wed 11-Oct-17 12:13:13

YANBU.

See also... Waking up after a night of insomnia and then remembering you made evening plans so no early night to look forward to.

VladmirsPoutine Wed 11-Oct-17 12:16:04

Yanbu.

I'd also add waking up to make a cup of tea only to discover that the milk's gone off and you'd have to get ready to go to the shop if you want a bloody cup of tea.

Trying to catch a spider only to see it escape and disappear where you can't see or catch it.

Sayyouwill Wed 11-Oct-17 12:16:56

When you get a hole/stone in your tights and you want to cut your legs off

justilou1 Wed 11-Oct-17 12:18:15

When you're at a restaurant and someone else's food looks nicer than yours.

CantChoose Wed 11-Oct-17 12:18:51

The stripped sheets thing is the worst. I’d no way consider that a minor irritant grin

Deciding to go to bed and remembering there’s a load of laundry that needs hanging. Awful.

bouyou Wed 11-Oct-17 12:20:53

Getting into bed then hearing the dishwasher or washing machine complete its cycle bending away forever into the night

bouyou Wed 11-Oct-17 12:21:06

Beeping. Not bending!

OuchBollocks Wed 11-Oct-17 12:22:38

The baby waking super early then going back to sleep only after they've done such a thorough job of waking you that there's no chance of getting a bit more sleep yourself.

DJBaggySmalls Wed 11-Oct-17 12:23:47

Falling exhausted into your cosy comfy made bed and the cunting neighbours alarm goes off, again.

MrsJayy Wed 11-Oct-17 12:28:25

Pegging the last bit of washing up and you feel rain <sigh>

ProseccoMamam Wed 11-Oct-17 12:30:48

Taking a brand new pressed highlighter out of your make up bag to find it smashed to a billion pieces

I have cried at this previously it broke my heart

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Wed 11-Oct-17 12:32:00

"waking up needing a pee 30 minutes before your alarm is so annoying."

I do this EVERY DAY 😒

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Wed 11-Oct-17 12:32:09

"waking up needing a pee 30 minutes before your alarm is so annoying."

I do this EVERY DAY 😒

AnonEvent Wed 11-Oct-17 12:33:06

Deciding to go to bed and remembering there’s a load of laundry that needs hanging. Awful.

This is the most common in our house. 9/10 we hang it, every so often we agree to just put it on a rinse cycle in the morning.

tocas Wed 11-Oct-17 12:35:00

Going to the shop for milk/eggs/coffee/ something v important then coming back home with everything except that item

ToEarlyForDecorations Wed 11-Oct-17 12:36:05

Spilling a really good cup of tea or coffee. I mean right over. The whole lot goes on the floor. You go from enjoying the drink to a right old clean up operation. Insult is added to injury when you see steam rising from the spill.

Forgetting the laundry in the machine at the end of the cycle for so long it's gone, 'cheesy'. Admitting defeat and washing it all over again so you are at least one step behind with that process.

Waking to a cold cup of tea because my husband very kindly bought me a cup of tea in bed so I'd have it to wake up to but slept right through it.

(I now understand why my husband is keen of making the bed once we've stripped the sheets. So we don't end up in unmade bed hell at bed time.)

lasketchup Wed 11-Oct-17 12:36:24

I literally went “arghh” at everyone of those in the OP! 😂 I’ve done them all

TheGirlOnTheLanding Wed 11-Oct-17 12:36:47

All of these. Also, getting halfway through making a meal and realising someone DH has used the last of an essential ingredient.

My worst though was when the DC were little - finally settling one in the cold dark middle of the night and crawling back under the warm covers only to hear the other one start to grumble.

Eminado Wed 11-Oct-17 12:39:35

So looking forward to your ONLY child free day only to wake up to poorly DC

anonymice Wed 11-Oct-17 12:40:05

Making a nice bowl of supernoodles (last packet in the house) tripping over the mat and throwing the whole lot on the carpet. I just shut the door and sulked for an hour before I could face cleaning it up.

FreeMeNow Wed 11-Oct-17 12:41:56

Urgh the cold bath one is a killer. Also thinking you have pre heated the oven..

5rivers7hills Wed 11-Oct-17 12:43:11

Yes yes yes to all of these!

U2HasTheEdge Wed 11-Oct-17 12:45:18

Discovering my neighbours' friends have once again parked outside my house.

They are legally entitled to park there I know, but they get right close to my lovely bushes and leave a very small entrance to my front door. I don't use that door but it isn't the point. I might want my visitors to be able to park outside my house.

I have got to the stage where I sometimes park my car outside there so they can't. If they asked I wouldn't care as much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now