Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To hate some of the terms that mums use on social media...

(115 Posts)
HashtagTired Wed 11-Oct-17 06:59:51

I’m probably setting myself up for a fall here, but it really irritates me when people use terms like ‘mummy milk’ or ‘boobie milk’ or ‘yummy mummy’s’ or ‘mummy friends’ or ‘mummy ....[^enter word^]’

Just say it for what it is!
I see it less on MN but it’s all over FB and I find it just so irritating.
Is it just me? Aibu?!?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 11-Oct-17 07:03:19

They can say what they like on their own Facebook accounts. Just 'hide' them.

FannyTheFlamingo Wed 11-Oct-17 07:06:38

There was a whole debate on here not long ago about the use of boob as a verb i.e I needed to boob her to sleep. I hate that! But yes, boobie milk is on a par. I have quite a low tolerance on FB and 'hide' a lot of people.

toolonglurking Wed 11-Oct-17 08:02:15

I know someone who uses 'motherhoodunplgged' all the time - she is the most self centered, spoilt brat I've ever known, there is nothing 'unplugged' about her - for some reason it really winds me up!

Mountie5 Wed 11-Oct-17 08:03:48

I hate mum boss and boss babe - it's so demeaning. If you own a business and you are a mother it doesn't need announcing. Dads don't have boss dude.

FakePlasticTeaLeaves Wed 11-Oct-17 08:08:45

I hate mum boss too, it's terrible. Or mumtrepreneur. Especially as they are usually not entrepreneurs; they just try and force you to buy some skin cream/fruit pills.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo Wed 11-Oct-17 08:09:33

I hate boob as a verb.

I boobed her to sleep. I'm boobing the baby. No, you're feeding. Like everyone else.

Witsender Wed 11-Oct-17 08:10:44

Motherhoodunplugged is ridiculous..he whole unplugged thing comes from the desire to detach from social media etc...which a # kind of negates! 😂 I've seen childhoodunplugged which makes more sense as it applies to the kids not the parent posting.

jay55 Wed 11-Oct-17 08:13:14

Mum boss makes sense, if you are a nanny.

Mountie5 Wed 11-Oct-17 08:18:06

To be honest I hate the term 'feeds.'

I know it is silly but it makes me feel sick if someone says they are preparing a 'feed' or ask if dh does his share of the 'night feeds'.

BitchQueen90 Wed 11-Oct-17 09:18:16

I hate them all, including the term "full time mummy." Or "looking for 10 mummy friends who want to lose a few pounds" blah blah when they're promoting their shite juice detoxes or whatever.

Moanyoldcow Wed 11-Oct-17 09:21:57

Every so often someone crops up with a profile that says some shit about making milk being a superpower - makes me feel irrationally annoyed.

tiirred Wed 11-Oct-17 09:26:09

YANBU

It all sounds so twee and silly.

I know someone who is forever rambling on with herself on Facebook and always has to refer back to being a mum no matter what the subject.

She is a mum boss with mummy friends who boobs her baby to sleep with golden droplets of boobie milk. Fuck off!

TheHungryDonkey Wed 11-Oct-17 09:48:49

YANBU. I see it on Facebook community pages. However, none of my friends write or talk like this on Facebook. So it must be a certain type of person who does it.

Lweji Wed 11-Oct-17 09:51:05

This is why I'm on MN...?

FakePlasticTeaLeaves Wed 11-Oct-17 09:52:40

I read a post where a woman had tagged her cousin and written:

'Can't wait to be bikinied yummy mummys by the pool together'.
This made me feel physically sick.

Goosegrass Wed 11-Oct-17 09:57:53

Just don’t be friends with twats. Nobody I know does that.

BusterTheBulldog Wed 11-Oct-17 10:04:48

Mumpreneur is the absolute worst! I got into a twitter spat with a group of them alwhen I asked for a definition of its meaning and the need for the word.

I'm sure there is a whiff of mlm about it too as it's a bit secretive until you 'pm' / go to a networking event with them.

natwebb79 Wed 11-Oct-17 10:08:59

I had to leave a group for advice on slings once due to the constant reference to 'babywearing', competitive photos of babies tied to them with bits of fabric in different positions and constantly being referred to as 'Mama'. I realise it was my problem though. They can crack on. 😀

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Wed 11-Oct-17 10:11:00

"Mummy friends" is just something I see as a distinction of a social group. I don't see it as much more twee than "school friends" "uni friends" "train spotting friends" etc.

Although I haven't had the most active social life with the friends that I made through reproducing around the same time for the purposes of boasting on social media. It was mainly hanging around parks and soft play wink

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Wed 11-Oct-17 10:12:28

Mama irritates me. Not in itself but because of the bias of smug, sanctimonious people that favour it.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Wed 11-Oct-17 10:15:19

Oh i hate boobing/boob to sleep. Ugh. You dont bottle your child to sleep if you are formula feeding do you?

BastardGoDarkly Wed 11-Oct-17 10:16:24

Yup, none of my friends would utter this shite. Get new friends grin

RiseToday Wed 11-Oct-17 10:18:42

Someone referred to me as a 'yummy mummy' on FB once ...... the sentiment was very nice but god, it made my toes curl to breaking point.

I also cringe when people say 'Lil'

museumum Wed 11-Oct-17 10:18:51

I tie myself in knots trying to to say 'mum friends' because i know how much people hate it but sometimes it's relevant so i end up saying 'some friends who i met on maternity leave with kids the same age' which to be honest is a real mouthful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now