Talk

Advanced search

Thoughts to sustain me (and others) through my (and our) divorce - what has turned out to be good about being divorced?

(4 Posts)
whatwillhappen2 Wed 11-Oct-17 00:04:04

Living together while going through divorce. Estranged husband behaving as if I am dead. Moody / sometimes unpleasant dc to contend with. Hardly any other adult visitors to the house. Worry about what will happen at the first court hearing. Worry that H will try to hide money/assets (as he has done before). Worry that everything will go wrong for me and I will end up with nothing. Despair that my dc have parents who have not been able to model a functional relationship for them. Worry about how much I will end up spending on the solicitor. Worry about not being with my dc 100% of the time when this is over. Worry about the amount of time we will be in this painful limbo. Sadness that my H does not love me.

Dark days in other words.

What thoughts from the other side can I focus on to help me and others through this time? What are the unexpectedly good things that you have found about being divorced? Anything you can think of.

LineysRun Wed 11-Oct-17 00:07:44

You have to have hope, and look ahead to coming out of the other side and freedom. The long haul is worth it.

DJBaggySmalls Wed 11-Oct-17 00:09:35

How he is behaving during the divorce is the real him, with the guards let down. You will be well rid of him, you wont have to deal with the churning in your stomach, wondering how he will screw you over next.

Seeingadistance Wed 11-Oct-17 02:21:52

You're in the midst of the dark days just now - filled with horrible tension and uncertainty. On the other side of this is freedom, release of tension, and a brightness of future which seems so far away now, but will be yours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now