Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to stick to what was agreed?

(9 Posts)
KeepItAsItIs Tue 10-Oct-17 21:14:56

Trying to be vague(ish).

Event coming up with a group of people. Always difficult to pin people down so on a rare occasion about a month ago where we were all together, a day was agreed for event. Arrangements always fall to one person, this person went ahead and got it all sorted out.

Now someone has something on at the time of the event, which was arranged after and wants event changed to suit and has told person who makes arrangements to change it (not asked btw). It won't work with everyone else. It was pointed out that it was difficult enough to arrange in the beginning and they are the one that double booked but nope, they want it changed. Then someone else also says they want it changed because there is something on around even time that will prevent them from drinking.

This event is arranged to coincide with something else, everyone enjoys it and it is something we always do. When it was pointed out that changing it would mean we lose the reason the event coincides with (why we have this event) person who wants it changed just said it doesn't matter, it just won't be 'special occasion' event then.

Now in a group, I'm not sure it's fair for that person to decide this when everyone else will want the usual arrangements. So far the wider group isn't aware and won't be able to change event date to coincide with our usual occasion at all, this was the only date.

AIBU to leave it as it is? I'm planning on bringing it up obviously, it's not for me to decide but I have a feeling what everyone else will say.

Tilapia Tue 10-Oct-17 21:16:52

Of course YANBU

Fluffysparks Tue 10-Oct-17 21:17:11

Watching with interest

Fluffysparks Tue 10-Oct-17 21:17:37

Oops sorry wrong thread >.< I was clicking the back button...

Bambamber Tue 10-Oct-17 21:18:02

YANBU

People can't double book and then expect a large group to change arrangements

SingingMySong Tue 10-Oct-17 21:22:51

NBU.

You could send out a surveymonkey to get votes for alternative dates. Present date will be found to suit highest number of people and will go ahead as planned, but due diligence has been seen to be done to accommodate awkward person.

We've had this before - event changed from a date we could make to one we couldn't, because 1 person's wife wasn't available on the original date. Not nice.

sooperdooper Tue 10-Oct-17 21:25:43

No, stuck to the original plan with whoever can make it & tell the person who now can't 'sorry you can't make this date now but we'll see you another time'

Don't change all the plans because one person has now double booked themselves

KeepItAsItIs Tue 10-Oct-17 22:55:04

fluffy I did wonder why on earth you would watch this with interest grin.

It is as I thought, I doubt myself sometimes but I did think I was right about this one. It's the total assumption that we won't celebrate our occasion that everyone looks forward to just because someone double booked. It's the attitude that has come with this that has irritated me somewhat.

KeepItAsItIs Wed 11-Oct-17 09:18:30

singing we usually do do a poll actually grin. The only reason we didn't this time is because we all happened to be there so got it sorted in one go. Having to change it turns into a bloody faff with a lot of to-ing and fro-ing and chasing for responses. When it's airily dismissed as "oh it needs to be changed, you can do that," it makes me less inclined to do anything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now