Talk

Advanced search

Found a lost camera

(9 Posts)
Mushybanna23 Tue 10-Oct-17 15:04:11

The Camera has been in work safe since beginning of summer, I’ve finally turned it on to see if I could find the owner I’ve found the name and surname of a few people one being a baby/ toddler and the other two grandparents. I’ve also got two car regestrations and the hospital where the child was born. is there anyway I can trace the owners I’ve tried facebooking the names but nothing has come up it’s obviously the grandparents camera. It’s full of holiday snaps to I could see the school badge but couldn’t even see the name just the logo it had a red jumper Union Jack and a rocket on it was hoping to ring the school with names of the children and posting it to them

Redglitter Tue 10-Oct-17 15:06:27

Hand it into the police. If there are car registrations they can trace through that. The camera might also have been reported lost to them

ditzychick34 Tue 10-Oct-17 15:39:02

Hope you find them

angelnix Tue 10-Oct-17 15:49:17

Speak to PALS at the hospital and see if they can pass it back to the family. We had a lost camera at work (within a hospital), were able to zoom in on a name and, track the family down and return their camera.

LurkingHusband Tue 10-Oct-17 16:37:21

Hand it into the police.

Do they still do lost property ?

Redglitter Tue 10-Oct-17 17:00:18

Our force certainly does 😊

Viserion Tue 10-Oct-17 17:14:38

Share some of the photos on local FB pages. Not the car reg or children ones. Include a description of the uniform and the names you have worked out, including hospital name. Try and make it go viral. People in my local groups are always sharing this sort of thing.

Dragonfree Tue 10-Oct-17 17:59:08

There's also this website which has been quite successful.

There's an interesting back story to its creation too smile

www.camerafound.com/

RainbowPastel Tue 10-Oct-17 18:04:56

Put it on Lostbox on Facebook. They have a great record for reuniting things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now