Talk

Advanced search

No Christmas presents for the kids

(6 Posts)
SleepingStandingUp Tue 10-Oct-17 13:02:33

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ashton-kutcher-mila-kunis-explain-11317372?ICID=FB_mirror_main

So Mila and Ashton have apparently decided their kids should ne Er get presents because last year the oldest got alot and didn't really appreciate them all so now they'll just make a donation to charity each year.

Reads as though they'll still buy each other.

I know their kids aren't fling without the great of the year but it seems really unkind to sit there unwrapping presents then tell the kids "sorry, we gave your money to charity". I mean its not like they can't afford to do both.

I do get but spoiling them crazy but even a doll, some trucks, coloring books and crayons for a few years would be nicer?

SleepingStandingUp Tue 10-Oct-17 13:03:09

Kids aren't going

upthewolves Tue 10-Oct-17 13:11:08

Perhaps they will just not get their kids anything from themselves but they will still get presents from friends and relatives? If they were being inundated with gifts that would make sense.

WhirlwindHugs Tue 10-Oct-17 13:14:47

Pretty sure celebrity kids get a lot of gifts not just from friends and family but also from companies trying to get free publicity for their products.

I doubt they'll even notice.

MrsOverTheRoad Tue 10-Oct-17 13:16:36

I can't bring myself to give a shit.

I'm sure those children will have the best of everything. Excellent education, a beautiful home, good quality private lessons and lovely friends.

So whatever.

DunkMeInTomatoSoup Tue 10-Oct-17 13:40:05

Ashton Kutner is well grounded, he does a lot of charity work and speaks out on many issues. I stumbled across this a while back and thought it poignant.

So whilst his children may have the best of everything, people with money don't always have good fortune.

^ He has an older sister named Tausha and a fraternal twin brother named Michael, who had a heart transplant when the brothers were young children. Michael also has cerebral palsy and is a spokesperson for the advocacy organization Reaching for the Stars. Michael's cardiomyopathy caused Kutcher's home life to become increasingly stressful. He has said that he "didn't want to come home and find more bad news" about his brother, stating, "I kept myself so busy that I didn't allow myself to feel." Kutcher stated that, when he was 13, he contemplated committing suicide to save his brother's life with a heart transplant; when he told his father he was considering jumping from a Cedar Rapids hospital balcony, his father dissuaded him from doing so shortly before doctors announced that a transplant had become available from an accident victim in another state.^

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now