Talk

Advanced search

Some People!

(16 Posts)
Ijustlovefood Tue 10-Oct-17 12:34:37

So my dc gets whacked in the face with a shaker by another dc, fine it wasn't the other child's fault and was an accident, however it was quite hard and it hurt my dc so they started to cry. We had to leave the room for a bit. AIBU to think that the other mum should have apologised or at least have asked if my dc was ok? Nothing but a pulled face as if to say whoops. These things happen but surely I'm not BU?

Nummi Tue 10-Oct-17 12:46:11

Are they babies/toddlers? .... stuff like this happens and it’s not malicious. Try not to be too precious about your dc, you’ll soon be eating humble pie when your kids lumps someone else. On purpose!

Cakebaby123 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:47:02

Personally, although an accident, the other mother should have apologized and/or asked if your DC was ok. We all know accidents happen with children so there's no blame here but common courtesy should still apply? Thats what I would have done anyway, to ignore it was just rude.

Summer23 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:50:48

Yes definitely, obviously it wasn't malicious but mum should have asked how your baby/toddler was.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Tue 10-Oct-17 12:51:00

You're going to spend a lot of time and energy being upset if you go through life getting so annoyed at things like this. It's really a non event. Yes they should have said something but they didn't, your child wasn't any more injured by them not apologising, you're not their parent or behaviour officer. The only person annoyed is you. Who is that helping? They have no idea you are annoyed so it isn't affecting them or teaching them to apologise next time so why bother? Accidents happen, some people apologise, some don't. Don't get hung up on it. You're only annoying yourself.

Ijustlovefood Tue 10-Oct-17 12:51:25

Cake agreed. Yeah nobody to blame it's just common courtesy. My dc is 2 nearly 3 and other child is about 4

Ijustlovefood Tue 10-Oct-17 12:53:03

I'm not annoying myself I'm just making conversation about it.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Tue 10-Oct-17 12:55:00

In Aibu. Why do you even need total energy conversation about it unless you're annoyed? confused it happens, it's a non event, don't give it any headspace. It's certainly not worthy of a thread in aibu.

coddiwomple Tue 10-Oct-17 12:55:15

Of course she should have apologised and tell her own child to be careful (you have to start telling them these things as early as possible). Unfortunately, rude and unpleasant people are everywhere. You will hear that "kids will always be kids" many times when some spoilt little horror tries to destroy your house, or your kids toys, or pushes them. There's always one.

Aridane Tue 10-Oct-17 12:58:03

OP - YABU for posting in AIBU - better to post in Chat smile

Brahms3rdracket Tue 10-Oct-17 13:00:10

Of course she should have apologised accident or not.

There are unpleasant pp everywhere (particularly on this board), but that doesn't mean you need to accept it and shut up.

Ijustlovefood Tue 10-Oct-17 13:02:13

Ariadne how do you post in chat? I can never find it.

Aridane Wed 11-Oct-17 13:05:47

Go into 'Topics', Ijustlovefood, and down to 'Fun' - _Chat is the first topic there.

Alternatively, go to 'active' threads, select a thread in 'Chat', and click on 'Chat' at the top of the thread

Ijustlovefood Wed 11-Oct-17 15:03:15

Thanks Aridane

TheHungryDonkey Wed 11-Oct-17 15:14:57

Yes she should have apologised. My daughter was keyed in the face at Sing and Sign when she was seven months old. The toddler’s mum just said oh I knew she would do that. Didn’t say sorry. Didn’t take the keys off her daughter. Didnt do anything except carry on chatting to her friend whilst Beatrice went around maiming people.

My daughter has a scar down her face because of it. Still pisses me off seven years later. Not the scar, the lack of apology.

VocalDuck Wed 11-Oct-17 15:21:45

I would have apologised but experience at toddler groups has taught me that lots don't. Hope your DC is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now