Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your 'worst party guests' stories?

(34 Posts)
CoughLaughFart Tue 10-Oct-17 11:59:07

Inspired by a) the cheeky fucker thread, b) the fact that I'm currently planning a party and c) the 'friend invites all and sundry' thread, which reminded me of my story.

A few years back my friend turned up at my Christmas party with her mother - a mutton dressed as lamb 'young at heart' type who'd been out with us a few times before. I didn't mind - it wasn't like it was a dinner party or a formal occasion. However, she turned out to be both dairy and gluten intolerant, and got very snarky that there was nothing that she could eat. 'Isn't there even any salad?' she said with an incredulous look. It was a Christmas party, not a barbecue. When she left she said in her most 'helpful' tone, 'The next time you invite me over, do some salad'. I never fucking invited her in the first place!

Anyone else care to share?

araiwa Tue 10-Oct-17 12:00:50

if the papers want material, they can pay me for my stories

SinglePringle Tue 10-Oct-17 12:03:10

Can you explain why her clothing style is relevant? 'Young at heart' is a pleasant description. 'Mutton / Lamb', not so much.

CoughLaughFart Tue 10-Oct-17 12:04:26

Not everyone is a Daily Mail hack. I'm a regular poster and if I wanted snarky comments, I'd have asked for them.

caroline161 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:04:45

Well this is all going well smile

lostpurplehoodie Tue 10-Oct-17 12:05:59

We had a New Year party the first year I moved in with DH (he did them before that, after this I was "never again"). Within 20 minutes of people turning up someone had had sex on my bed and someone else drew a penis on the wall with a marker pen. I couldn't get the penis off the wall for love nor money and ended up admitting defeat and painting over the bloody thing and it bled through the paint. I had to seal the wall and redecorate. Bastards.

Parmesanity Tue 10-Oct-17 12:06:01

You'd have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky mumsnetters, Daily Mail...

CoughLaughFart Tue 10-Oct-17 12:06:46

Can you explain why her clothing style is relevant?

It isn't really. It was more to give context to why she was inviting herself to parties hosted by her children's friends.

livefornaps Tue 10-Oct-17 12:07:11

Anyone who brings those fucking large bottles of "Heineken", then helps themselves to my gin all night. Not. On.

CoughLaughFart Tue 10-Oct-17 12:08:30

You'd have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky mumsnetters, Daily Mail...

Oh for heaven's sake, search my username if you're that fussed - I'm a regular poster. Although I don't recognise your name.

DingDongDenny Tue 10-Oct-17 12:10:17

Not my party, but it was my friends birthday (we were in our 20s) I bought him a space hopper and his flat mate and girlfriend took off with it into their bedroom - lets just say it either needed binned or a good wash down after that

CoughLaughFart Tue 10-Oct-17 12:18:29

shockgrin Poor Mr Hoppy!

GeekLove Tue 10-Oct-17 12:19:24

My hen night. A weird mixture of people making loads of effort and people making none. It was going to be hosted at a friends house in our old university town and was a small affair with a meal out and a video gaming / dvd evening.

Go out for meal to find one guest picking at her food and saying maybe three words all evening. Go back and find host in Pj's with flu having clearly forgotten the who thing since she would have cancelled otherwise. Monosyllabic guest promptly passes out on floor having transpired that she'd been gaming until 3am that day and ate before coming out. Faced with an evenjng of watching dvds in stony silence, the remaining hens thought fuck it and went to the pub.

frieda909 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:20:28

I had an 'empty' when I was around 17 (a party when my parents were out of town) and one girl (who I barely knew) brought over 20 people I didn't know with her shock. When I invited her she'd asked if she could bring a few people and I'd said sure, but no more than three or four please!

That was bad enough but I found out afterwards that she'd been at another party beforehand and had gone around telling people 'Frieda has begged me to bring some people with me because she doesn't have enough friends and she's desperate for me to bring as many people as I can'.

I bloody wasn't, thank you very much. I had plenty of friends and by the time she and her pals arrived the house was already full to bursting. She at least looked a little embarrassed when she turned up.

honeylulu Tue 10-Oct-17 12:20:59

When I was at uni my boyfriend's parents bought a new house and had a housewarming party. Boyfriend and his brother were told they could each invite a few friends but strict instructions were given for no drunkenness / bad behaviour etc.
Anyway so party went ahead and the teens and young adults behaved well. The parents' friends ... well ...
One lady got really pissed and went around telling everyone she was a white witch and trying to do spells, gesticulating so enthusiastically that she accidentally headbutted boyfriend's grandma at one point.
Another lady got so drunk she was found lying down in the bathroom covered in sick.
Boyfriend's godmother (also the widow of a vicar) upset her friend, who burst into tears, by dirty dancing with her husband and trying to snog him. After husband and wife left (rowing) the godmother was found snogging one of the brothers 19 year old mates in the cellar.

SecretSmellies Tue 10-Oct-17 12:25:48

We recently had a BBQ in the summer. We were cramming 30 people into our little house and garden and I was leaving for the US for work on the MOnday (the party was the Saturday)so we decided to buy strong paper plates and fairly decent plastic glasses so we could just junk everything and not worry about the washing up. When I say these were plastic / paper, they were pretty tough and robust though.

Anyway, a friend came with her SIL and B who were staying the weekend. I'd never met them before. They turned up empty handed (fine) but when the SIL saw our array of drinks on offer she sniffed;'I don't drink chardonnay'. So my friend went into our fridge and got her a bottle of prosecco without asking me. Then the SIL sniffed and said ; 'I don't drink out of plastic' so my friend went and got a glass for her. Then the SIL said she didn't eat off paper and so my friend got her a proper plate. The SIL then apparently made some disparaging remarks about the food, but I was too busy BBQ-ing to hear her.

MrsHathaway Tue 10-Oct-17 12:27:40

I was miffed when at the blessing party for my youngest, my friend's husband started helping himself to the buffet before we opened it (he was having to peel back foil and clingfilm to get at the food) when everyone else was obviously politely waiting and we were trying to get people's attention to make a speech first.

I'm delighted that she's divorcing him. Twat. Typical of his thinking of himself and not paying attention to the rest of the room.

frieda909 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:28:40

After husband and wife left (rowing) the godmother was found snogging one of the brothers 19 year old mates in the cellar.

Oh god, that reminds me of the time my younger sister had a friend over while I was having a party and one of my male friends (around 21) ended up snogging her in the garden, not realising she was only 16... then my sister caught them and punched him in the face.

Aren't house parties great?

Crunchymum Tue 10-Oct-17 12:30:09

Friend had a house party, another friend bought his new boyfriend and was very excited for us to meet him.

Some random I had never met before (friend of another friend) was going through a divorce and upon our introduction said to me "my cunt of a husband is trying to keep all his money. Now who can I fuck at this party?" shock

Divorce lady drank a bottle of vodka neat and was later found being shagged in the garden by friends new (gay???) boyfriend. Both had to be thrown out.

Had a bit of an indiscretion at same friends party [years later, different house]. Although did end up seeing my indiscretion for a year grin

steppemum Tue 10-Oct-17 12:33:29

Oh the 'empty' post has reminded me.

When I was at uni a friend of mine got phone call fror his friend back home, saying the uni friend's younger brother was having a party, Their parents were away and he had been telling everyone (pre social media)

Uni friend got in car and drove home to find party in full swing. A fairly rough area in Liverpool and everyone and their friends packed into the house. Basin in downstairs loo already hanging off, carpet in lounge ruined, furniture damaged etc. Uni friend went upsatirs to find seomone carrying his mixign desk and gear out of his bedroom, so he saved that lot, his disabled sister's room had al the toys trashed and he found his mum's knickers spread all over the floor.

At htis point he was torn between getting help and leaving the house unattended. he found the phone (pre mobiles) and called the police. The police cleared the house.
Younger brother cross with big brother for cutting party short.

Once house was empty, older brother read younger brother the riot act and instructed him to clear up, get carpets cleaned and everything back in place before parents came back. He had a week.

uni friend drove back to uni. One week later he drove back home the day parents due to come back, and his brother had done......presisely nothing!

CoughingForWeeks Tue 10-Oct-17 12:36:29

Not a guest but a gatecrasher: turned up already drunk at a party I was having at my flat and decided he was going to run himself a bath. I walked in and turned the taps off, which prompted him to shout at me ('Who are you to tell me I can't have a bath?' etc). I threw him out, obviously. Weirdo!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:40:10

People still have house parties?.

coddiwomple Tue 10-Oct-17 13:00:47

People still have house parties?

ahem yes, why not?

KenBarlow Tue 10-Oct-17 13:16:25

I once went to a house party during a heat wave in the summer (relevant), we were all about 17 and the hosts parents were getting divorced as his dad had cheated on his seriously ill mother and the house was currently being sold so it was empty.

He was seriously angry about the situation which is understandable. The party went really well until about 3am where the host decided to trash the house and got everyone to throw left over curry all over the walls!!! shock

I slept over and came down in the morning and the stench was horrendous, walls covered in curry in the middle of a heat wave shock

Nettletheelf Tue 10-Oct-17 13:35:17

I can't compete with some of these (particularly liked honeylulu's post), but here goes.

We had a Christmas party at our house about five years ago and one of my husband's mates came. He was married, but his wife didn't come to the party.

He went loopy. Off the leash, I suppose. He got trolleyed, left red wine stains on almost every item of furniture then copped off with one of my single friends who didn't know that he was married. We had plenty of drink standing on the kitchen worktops, but he went into the wine cooler, without asking, and extracted a bottle of vintage champagne, which he shook up and sprayed around the kitchen before drinking what was left with my friend, who was probably about 70% as drunk as he was. I was scrubbing sticky champagne residue off cupboard doors the next day.

I only noticed that he was romancing my friend when they were discovered snogging under coats in the conservatory (for context, at the time we were all 40!). When she went to the loo I warned her that he was married but she was too pissed to care.

DH's mate then locked himself in the downstairs loo and fell asleep with his head in the bowl. We had to turn the lock with a 2p piece and force the door open in case he choked on his own vomit or something.

He was so trashed that we had to make up a bed for him in the sitting room, with a bowl to be sick in. Never again! We didn't tell his wife, and he didn't apologise or offer to replace the champagne. We don't see so much of him now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now