Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have a sabbatical from sex?

(7 Posts)
falls Mon 09-Oct-17 21:27:43

I can't be arsed.

I love my husband. I'm normally pretty great at the relationship and sex thing.

The past few months I've felt like shit. I'm tired. I'm sore. I'm a fucking wreck. My body is screaming for a break. I need energy for daily functioning so something has got to give.

Sex can't get to fuck.

I want to go to bed at night without feeling guilty.

This should be a thing in marriage where one person can say "can we take a break from sex for a few months"?.

In reality a sulking husband makes me want to have a permanent sabbatical!

Stuff all that sex brings you closer blah blah blah. We've done that shit... I just want to sleep!

WingsofNylon Mon 09-Oct-17 21:49:30

He sulks? That's unattractive.

WingsofNylon Mon 09-Oct-17 21:56:45

Why can't you say that? I don't understand what stands in the way of talking to your partner. Sure he needs to understand it is circumstance and not him that is putting you off but surely that's not hard to grasp.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Mon 09-Oct-17 21:59:15

The sulking sounds seriously unattractive and he shouldn’t be trying to manipulate you into sex.

What’s happening in your life to make you so exhausted and run down?

falls Mon 09-Oct-17 22:17:19

Sulking is unattractive. But so is a wife who is tired and I swear I'm not getting any prettier with these bags under my eyes hmm

Possible diagnosis of RA ahead. Lots of children and lots of commitments in between my new 35 hour working week after 7 years as a SAHM.

The bastard woke me up at 5.30am for morning sex. He got a swift knock back.
I'm actually threatening separate bedrooms if he tries it again knowing how tired I am.

He does his fair share in the house/kids etc and works 60 hours a week.

I will have a conversation with him but I bet he just won't get it.

Ttbb Mon 09-Oct-17 22:20:07

Yes, that's called a normal marriage.

Ttbb Mon 09-Oct-17 22:20:36

*i mean one whether you can choose not to have sex if that's what you want, not what you're deal with

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now