Advanced search

To ask this retailer to pay my bank fees?

(4 Posts)
rugbywife45 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:18:47

In AUGUST I bought a £750 washing machine, on my credit card. It was faulty. The machine was collected & back at the retailer in August.

It took them almost 2 months to ‘investigate’ this (tracked) return as they/their courier lost the washing machine and then they started to ignore my emails. I was promised a refund by the 28/09, from an email they sent on 20/09. They didn’t actually respond until 06/10, once I threatened to place a chargeback.

I paid off the £750 for it in August, but had to recently repurchase a 2nd machine as I wasn’t sure what was happening. If they refunded me when promised, I would have no interest to pay.

The refund still hasn’t credited my credit card and my bill is due tomorrow. I have paid off what I can afford to (basically paying for two of these) but I don’t feel that it’s fair that I have to pay interest on a transaction that’s about to be refunded in full, and was only delayed due to the retailer’s incompetence. If I did file a chargeback, I would have had no fees! WIBU to ask the retailer to pay my interest?

tippz Mon 09-Oct-17 21:23:16

You could ask. Not sure what your rights are though.

PrincessLeia80 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:23:21

Absolutely within your rights though I think it would end with small claims court and further delays and charges!

nic14271213 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:34:57

If u paid by credit card not debit you need to ask your credit card provider for a section 75 and it’s there to protect faulty goods not just of companies go bust. Explain what you have done to try and sort it . It my take a few weeks to do as most banks are inundated with monarch claims .smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: