Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to stop brexit and make Britain great again

(289 Posts)
SupportTheresaElseBoris Mon 09-Oct-17 20:53:41

So Nick Clegg has a new book out called How to stop brexit and make Britain great again.

Aibu to think its time to just get on with brexit and stop this uncertainty? It didn't work for the lib Dems at the ellection and it now seems like dragging it on for as long as possible will make the worst of a bad situation.

Flyingflipflop Mon 09-Oct-17 21:04:02

Another thread churning over the same old arguments?

What to be said that hasn't already been said on the hundreds of other similar threads?

SupportTheresaElseBoris Mon 09-Oct-17 21:11:03

Sorry yeah it was more a discussion about the book is what I ment, I'm wondering if it's worth a read.

It might be as awful as Hillary's...

Butterymuffin Mon 09-Oct-17 21:12:15

Nope, he's right. Going ahead with Brexit won't stop uncertainty, it'll mean more and more of it.

Butterymuffin Mon 09-Oct-17 21:12:49

Haven't read the book though.

PrincessoftheSea Mon 09-Oct-17 21:14:14

Brexit means we will be in a mess for years and years.

ShoesHaveSouls Mon 09-Oct-17 21:14:37

Nick Clegg has been spot on about Brexit so far.

MyOtherProfile Mon 09-Oct-17 21:14:37

Interesting. Hadn't heard of the book. Would love to see Brexit stopped. It's a disaster already.

Sophiaeleanormay Mon 09-Oct-17 21:14:55

Perhaps it will be interesting, but he could have done with writing it two years ago.

somewhereovertherain Mon 09-Oct-17 21:16:08

But it’s okay the balls in the eu court. Trouble is I think they’re playing a different game and May is cluesless if she thinks it’s in their interest for us to get a good deal. We’re fucked and fucked for years to come. But it’s okag as we’ll have 350 million for the nhs. Oh wait.

thecatfromjapan Mon 09-Oct-17 21:16:23

Looking forward to reading it.

PortiaCastis Mon 09-Oct-17 21:18:38

Basically. Brexit =fucked that's all that needs to be written

PrincessLeia80 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:19:36

Stopping Brexit would instantly stop the uncertainty and wouldn't be a disaster obviously. I'm sure no one would be upset or annoyed by this either in the UK or abroad.

Chickenkatsu Mon 09-Oct-17 21:21:26

I hope that Britain can still be saved, I'll get the book when it comes out.

IveGotBillsTheyreMultiplying Mon 09-Oct-17 21:21:30

He was saying in the Observer that people need to join the two main parties temporarily to lobby MPs from within to drop Brexit.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 09-Oct-17 21:23:22

No one would be upset by stopping Brexit are you for real. What about the millions who did vote for it. It can't happen quickly enough for me

CottonEyeJosephine Mon 09-Oct-17 21:24:17

Well we need someone in 'power' to stand up and and admit what a bloody ridiculous idea this whole thing is and stop the madness. Sadly I don't think we have anyone who will put the country before their on interests in time.

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 09-Oct-17 21:25:42

How do we ‘get on with’ Brexit. No one in power appears to know how to either Brexit or Remain. It’s like the immovable object and the irresistible force.

Sophiaeleanormay Mon 09-Oct-17 21:29:46

It will take time before questions can definitively be answered.

MyOtherProfile Mon 09-Oct-17 21:30:33

How do we ‘get on with’ Brexit. No one in power appears to know how to either Brexit or Remain.
This.

SupportTheresaElseBoris Mon 09-Oct-17 21:33:29

I agree Mrs Terry p.

But how will that change? Corbyn is the most likely to get ellected if there is another GE and he seems to be a quiet brexiter. Johnson is number 2 in the polls and he was a loud brexiter.

Blahblahboo Mon 09-Oct-17 21:35:36

I voted to leave and it can't come soon enough. I'm sick of having to listen to Brussels with all the stupid rules and regulations and we seriously need to stop immigration . We can't afford to support them all and our own on welfare, our NHS can't take the strain.

HipToBeSquare Mon 09-Oct-17 21:37:46

I was watching Politics on Sunday and NS was talking about another referendum for Scotland after Brexit has happened and I thought why do they get to vote again until they get it right but we don't hmm

Butterymuffin Mon 09-Oct-17 21:38:27

Even people who voted for it, though aren't going to get most of what was promised. Anyone who wanted the £350m for the NHS, controls on immigration, or bright shiny new trade deals with other countries is going to be sadly disappointed. So on that basis it's worth Leave supporters thinking again.

Brokenbiscuit Mon 09-Oct-17 21:40:47

Thank you for this thread, OP. I will read the book when it comes out. I'm not convinced that we can stop Brexit, but I think we at least owe it to the next generation to try. Otherwise, we're all fucked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now