Talk

Advanced search

To only enjoy sex in the missionary position

(54 Posts)
flowerygirl Mon 09-Oct-17 20:07:16

My husband is very tall, I'm very short. Honestly we've tried loads of positions over the years and missionary is the only one I enjoy.

Am I the most vanilla person in the world?

Snap8TheCat Mon 09-Oct-17 20:09:38

Not even you on top?

Tbh I don’t see the relevance of your height- that might only effect standing up! And even then he could lift you wink

DearMrDilkington Mon 09-Oct-17 20:11:56

Nothing wrong with vanilla

terriblemistake Mon 09-Oct-17 20:13:47

I used to like it.

Getting divorced now.

May never have sex again shock.

Welwyncitydweller Mon 09-Oct-17 20:19:35

Missionary is my absolute favourite because of the whole body contact and the ability to kiss. But I’m in love with my guy. When I went through the motions during marriage I preferred all fours, least contact possible. Should have got our way sooner

surferjet Mon 09-Oct-17 20:22:23

If he’s really tall & you’re short, what about him putting you on the table?

PricklyBall Mon 09-Oct-17 20:23:43

So long as you both like it, what's the problem?

steff13 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:23:47

Personally, I think missionary gets a bad rap. I quite like it. It doesn't have to be dull.

Fluffyears Mon 09-Oct-17 20:28:14

I quite like the feeling of being a bit dominated in missionary. Obviously everyone has their own feeling on the matter which is why sex is fun. You can try anything you both fancy.

gingergenius Mon 09-Oct-17 20:30:56

Whatever works. We do all sorts but missionary for us is best because it feels so intimate!

Crispsheets Mon 09-Oct-17 20:32:05

welwyn
I know exactly what you meangrin

Njordsgrrrl Mon 09-Oct-17 20:35:31

OP you are NBU. It's very nice.

And cheers, Mumsnet, mines is a foot taller than me and I was reading avidly but we don't have a table sad

LuluJakey1 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:36:09

We like missionary. I like feeling DH's weight on me -feels a bit dominating, and there's the kissing and eye contact and we can vary it in lots of ways. Works better than anything for us. We always end up back in missionary.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Mon 09-Oct-17 20:36:41

Well, I've done some pretty non-vanilla stuff in my time and my favourite position is missionary, by a long way. Least favourite is me on top, not because I don't want to do the work, it just doesn't do it for me mentally and physically most of the time. My heart sinks when a new man tells me his favourite is cowgirl.

27Feb Mon 09-Oct-17 20:37:24

If that's what you both enjoy, then go for it! Your and his opinions matter. No one else!

LucyLambstealer Mon 09-Oct-17 20:38:48

You do you... er... Or your husband do you? You two do to each other how you like to do it, lol, so long as you're having fun who cares if it's vanilla!

Butterymuffin Mon 09-Oct-17 20:39:50

Why on earth would you need to justify it if it's what you and he like? Crack on and don't worry!

MuseumOfCurry Mon 09-Oct-17 20:43:21

I'm also a missionary type lady because I like my husband being on top of me, sort of in charge if you see what I mean.

Also good for kissing.

But, it's a more intimate position. I would find it hard with someone new. Of course I'm an old married lady so that aint' happening.

MaidOfStars Mon 09-Oct-17 20:43:34

As long as you both want and enjoy, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or does.

I'm not sure that you can blame differing heights for the rejection of all other positions though smile

And I'm even less sure that preferring sex with your man behind you means you're less in love with him (if you're supposed to be in love with him) smile

Runaways01 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:44:52

Well as long as you and your DH are both content with that, then it doesn’t really matter what anyone else thinks. But personally I’d feel a bit lazy lying back all the time while my partner does all the work. Similarly I’d think a bloke who wanted me to get on top every single time was being lazy. But like I say, if you’re both happy there’s no problem.

fullofhope03 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:45:07

Never say never Terrible xx

MattAlbie Mon 09-Oct-17 20:45:26

I would find it hard with someone new

Ideally, yes.

terriblemistake Mon 09-Oct-17 20:45:58

Thanks fullofhope smile.

Justaboy Mon 09-Oct-17 20:47:17

Wheres there a willy theres a waysmile

Blossomdeary Mon 09-Oct-17 20:48:03

If it makes you both happy, then what is the problem? Do not decry what you have - the idea is to both enjoy it and there is no need to swing from the chandeliers or be persuaded that it is boring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now