Talk

Advanced search

To be angry at builders smoking and spitting in my garden

(18 Posts)
Caramelbutthorn Mon 09-Oct-17 19:57:35

Just that really! I’m having an old conservatory removed today and then a newer one put in its place. The groundmen turned up today to break up the old base and start work on the new one.
I was a little concerned for their welfare when they started using a pneumatic drill with no safety stuff at all but I guess it’s up to them if they want to deafen or blind themselves. Later in the afternoon I saw them spitting in the garden and they were smoking as they worked. I wouldn’t care if they did it outside the garden but I don’t want it in my garden and in front of my impressionable 4 yr old. He likes to copy people and even wanted to put a vest on as one of the blokes was wearing a vest! Am I being unreasonable to not want them to smoke and spit in my garden? Thank you

araiwa Mon 09-Oct-17 20:01:00

I wouldnt care at all

TwitterQueen1 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:05:17

Oh grow up FFS. Stop watching them. Then you won't see them spitting or smoking. You can't impose your own rules on anyone else. You sound like the most dreadful snob. Your 4 year old wants to put on a vest? OMG How absolutely horrendous. How will you cope?

Blahblahboo Mon 09-Oct-17 20:05:42

I wouldn't give a shit.

EmmaLou3422 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:06:19

I would be very annoyed if someone was spitting in my garden! And if the smoke was travelling in to my house then I would be very annoyed at that too. If it wasn't and as long as they weren't chucking the ends in my garden and were disposing of them properly then I wouldn't be so bothered.

TwitterQueen1 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:06:57

I'm laughing now. Your post is so stupid I've realised you must be a troll! I should have spotted that before posting.

LoveNunxxx Mon 09-Oct-17 20:07:21

I always get them to fag it out the front. why would you want it near you?!

ShuttyTown Mon 09-Oct-17 20:07:44

Were you clutching your pearls while you witnessed such debauchery OP? It’s just terrible when the help is utterly rotten. I hope your offspring makes a full recovery from this ghastly sight

hmm

KoolKoala07 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:08:20

Yanbu I hate spitting, full stop. Horrible.

iamyourequal Mon 09-Oct-17 20:09:34

Caramelbutthorn your user name and the content of your silly post don't match up. Guessing you are indeed a troll.

Caramelbutthorn Mon 09-Oct-17 20:44:09

@twitter I’m happy for my ds to put on a vest if that’s what he wants! My point was he likes to copy others and be like them. I don’t want him to think that these cool builders smoke so I want to too. He really is that much of a sheep. I wasn’t meaning to watch them. Downstairs I only have a living room and kitchen (with no seating) so if I sit downstairs I have to sit on the sofa which faces outside. What am I supposed to do? Put blinkers on?

Caramelbutthorn Mon 09-Oct-17 20:46:15

How does my user name make me a troll exactly?

It’s an anagram of my name

bungaloid Mon 09-Oct-17 20:53:27

It's a really difficult situation. On one hand we need the working class to do these kind of jobs, but they can be so ghastly.

TwitterQueen1 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:57:54

bungaloid ROFLMAO

venys Mon 09-Oct-17 20:58:09

I personally don't like that behaviour but I can't very well tell the builders not to smoke. I have however given them a bucket or something for the butts as they have been all over the garden. Take your 4 year old out while the work is being done.

Wolfiefan Mon 09-Oct-17 20:59:37

Spitting is grim.
It could be worse. They could want to use your toilet?! grin
Where would you like them to smoke? confused

Bluntness100 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:07:41

* I don’t want him to think that these cool builders smoke so I want to too. He really is that much of a sheep*

You’re calling s four year old a sheep and worry about him wanting to smoke. Ok.

Teawithtoast Mon 09-Oct-17 21:12:30

I wouldn't care if they were smoking as long as the smoke was not going into the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now