Talk

Advanced search

What are the most useful gadgets/items for teachers?

(43 Posts)
Iiquidsnake Mon 09-Oct-17 14:41:33

AIBU to ask for your help? My partner is a teacher, I want to buy him something useful for Christmas. The only thing I can think of so far is a trolley for carrying books to and from the car/classroom.

Can any teachers give me some ideas of what I could buy? Thank you!

Smurfy23 Mon 09-Oct-17 14:53:13

Erm I think I (and most teachers I know) would probably want something unrelated from teaching for my christmas present...I spend enough time and energy on it (dont get me wrong- I love my job) so would want something that gave me the opportunity to escape from it and have a break?

FlakeBook Mon 09-Oct-17 14:56:03

Yeah, I don't think anybody would want a work related Christmas present!

Sirrah Mon 09-Oct-17 14:56:54

Definitely get him something to help him relax... maybe an experience voucher?

emsmum79 Mon 09-Oct-17 14:57:37

I agree with smurfy - I love being a teacher but definitely wouldn't want a teaching-related present.
But, a wine/whisky glass could be seen as a practical present for a teacher! 😀

Haggisfish Mon 09-Oct-17 14:58:48

I love my bic gel pens. A cut above other gel pens!

Subtlecheese Mon 09-Oct-17 15:02:38

A decent insulated cup that can keep a drink warm all day.

WyfOfBathe Mon 09-Oct-17 15:04:24

Nice pens (in the colour he marks in) and a pencil case to carry them in so that students can't nick them!

Other things probably depend on his subject. DH is a PE teacher and I once bought him a fancy whistle, but that wouldn't be a great gift for me as an MFL teacher!

wannabestressfree Mon 09-Oct-17 15:13:13

I would be horrified if I got a trolley for work for Christmas :/

steff13 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:15:17

A decent insulated cup that can keep a drink warm all day.

Yeti cups are amazing.

ProfessorCat Mon 09-Oct-17 15:40:25

A staple gun!!

Nikephorus Mon 09-Oct-17 17:21:53

A cattle prod.

IncyWincyGrownUp Mon 09-Oct-17 17:24:35

I bought a friend an electric pencil sharpener, not a naff battery one but a sturdy plug in one with a helix blade. They’re awesome if you work primary.

scaryteacher Mon 09-Oct-17 17:33:03

Wine, chocolate; love the idea of the cattle prod, and a staple gun is great for clicking at the lads so they pull their trousers up.

Tinkerbec Mon 09-Oct-17 17:35:11

One of those power point pens so you can stand in the class and change the slide without touching the keyboard.

I have been bought a cool Science beaker mug.
Not sure if I would like to be reminded of work as a present though on a happy day.wink

MerrilyWatkins Mon 09-Oct-17 17:48:31

A laminator.

Tinkerbec Mon 09-Oct-17 17:51:18

Oh I bought myself a really awesome gullotine in the hols too but its clunky. Useful though.

Appuskidu Mon 09-Oct-17 17:52:57

I would be most unimpressed with a work-related Christmas present from my partner!!

ProfessorCat Mon 09-Oct-17 17:56:42

I would be most unimpressed with a work-related Christmas present from my partner!!

You might be, but not everyone is the same!

I love receiving things that make my teaching life easier or more enjoyable. We take a lot in from home or that we've bought for ourselves anyway.

I second the decent electric sharpener too.

Andrewofgg Mon 09-Oct-17 18:03:52

Gags and handcuffs.

Waffles80 Mon 09-Oct-17 18:06:31

A tazer?

JennyBlueWren Mon 09-Oct-17 19:42:46

Good quality electric sharpener.
Stamps for easy marking -"verbal feedback" is always a good one.

Will have a think of anything else.

Subscription to Twinkl to save loads of time!

lovelyjubilly Mon 09-Oct-17 19:49:36

Agree with others saying that a non-work present would be better. However if you're set on getting him something for work, then I second a laminator or a fancy insulated non-spill coffee mug.

Winebomb Mon 09-Oct-17 19:54:40

Rocket books are an amazing thing and stocking filler prices.

Basically it's a paper note book, with little symbols at the bottom of the page. You download an app and use it to take pictures of each page.

Now here is the cool part, on the app you can configure each symbol to do a different thing. So email the page to a person, send the page to a drop box folder etc etc.

And what's even cooler, is once you have filled your note pad, you MICROWAVE it with a cup of water and all the pages are magically erased.

It is literally magic tbusmile

Winebomb Mon 09-Oct-17 19:56:05

Everyone I know has been bought one as a present:

getrocketbook.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now