Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed with partners new job?

(10 Posts)
dmclinden Mon 09-Oct-17 09:39:33

So my partner has got a new job for an airline which is notorious for cheating.
We started off as friends and he used to sit there and tell me how he couldn't wait to get to all the girls when he was long haul and to go out and party with them!
Since, he's told me that he is devoted to me but I still have doubts, as he is still wanting to go out to clubs with all the cabin crew.
I know I should be supportive while he is training, but he is out all the time now with his new course mates- and when we saw them out with other friends, he introduced his friends wife and pretended I didn't exist! So much so that the course mate then thought she was his partner.
Should I give him some slack because he's excited and is training, or am I ok to be mad at him? If he's acting like this now, should I really trust him to go down route with all these women and pretend I don't exist again?

2014newme Mon 09-Oct-17 09:41:14

What do you gain by being mad? If you don't trust him then call it a day the relationship isn't working

Witsender Mon 09-Oct-17 09:41:23

I don't know, but he sounds like a bit of a dick.

Subtlecheese Mon 09-Oct-17 09:41:33

He's already told you who he is and what he wants.

FallingSkye Mon 09-Oct-17 09:44:43

Er yeah YABU.
Why are you annoyed with his job?
He's the cunt. Ditch him

Northernlass99 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:50:52

Its not the job thats the problem.

jaseyraex Mon 09-Oct-17 09:56:22

You clearly don't trust him and I think that tells you everything really. Ditch him, what's the point if you're going to spend the whole relationship paranoid that he's cheating.

Creambun2 Mon 09-Oct-17 10:15:40

Send him to ryanair the pilots are to knackered to do anything but sleep.

guilty100 Mon 09-Oct-17 10:17:51

You don't trust him.

You have good reason from his speech and behaviour not to trust him.

The problem is not his job. The problem is your DP isn't that invested in being faithful. This would still continue to be the case in another job. There might not be such ample opportunities, but one will arise sooner or later.

ThePeanutGallery Mon 09-Oct-17 10:19:47

Sounds like he's getting ready to leave you anyway. He's made it clear what he wants, I'd cut my losses and walk away if I were you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now