Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed (I know I am!!!!)

(19 Posts)
2ndSopranos Mon 09-Oct-17 08:21:15

I'm having a horrible time at work. Really, truly awful. It's got to the point where I am seeing a counsellor. I booked today off to try to clear my head a little, plus I have stuff to do.

Dd2 is ill and she can't go to school. I know I am utterly unreasonable because I was due to not be working today but I'm so annoyed. This was supposed to be a day for me. And I've just had a row with dh who has suddenly decided he doesn't have enough annual leave to cover the holiday over Feb half term we booked 12 months ago. So as well as looking after a poorly child I will also be cancelling a holiday today.

angry

strawberryblondebint Mon 09-Oct-17 08:26:58

God how annoying. I totally get where you are coming from. But ... don’t cancel the holiday. Go without him. And let the tv babysit the poorly one. If I was you I would go internet shopping ASAP and have a lovely bath

2ndSopranos Mon 09-Oct-17 08:28:35

I could go alone but I feel like cancelling just to spite him.

2ndSopranos Mon 09-Oct-17 08:29:40

I was going to bake (I can still do that at least), go for a run and eat crap.

Caenea Mon 09-Oct-17 08:41:24

No don't cancel to spite him.

Go without him to spite him. Take your best friend or mother or whoever. It's his own sodding fault.

strawberryblondebint Mon 09-Oct-17 08:42:08

Cancelling won’t spite him. Going without him should piss him off nicely

GaryGilmoresEyes Mon 09-Oct-17 08:43:31

Can he not take the extra days unpaid?
So he can go but it will also teach him to plan better!

2ndSopranos Mon 09-Oct-17 09:48:00

He could take it unpaid but made a huge song and dance about that. I'm actually facing a cut in my hours (the root of why work is difficult atm) and it made me feel guilty.

He's now said he does have the leave. He does this every single time.

FallingSkye Mon 09-Oct-17 09:49:25

Just say
"Well it's great you have the leave you can now have x amount of time to yourself, I've already offered your place to x, y and z."

Why does he do this "everytime"? Tell you that he can't go then that he can? Seems very manipulative

SleepingInYourFlowerbed Mon 09-Oct-17 09:50:59

I'd be annoyed because of your husband alone!

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 09-Oct-17 09:53:01

Sooooooo - have you cancelled it?

Madbum Mon 09-Oct-17 09:55:49

Why did he lie?

2ndSopranos Mon 09-Oct-17 09:56:18

Not yet. He needs to grovel first. He also thinks that dd2 is pulling a fast one and isn't ill at all. She's 6 and has a temperature.

I asked him to get some stuff for Dd1's birthday that I'm going to find difficult today (don't want to drag dd2 around too much) and he made a huffing noise about that.

2ndSopranos Mon 09-Oct-17 09:57:28

Mad he didn't lie; he just could be bothered to check.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 09-Oct-17 11:10:43

Gotta agree - your H is an arse. sad

SloeSloeQuickQuickGin Mon 09-Oct-17 11:13:53

spite him

What a joy to be married to

guilty100 Mon 09-Oct-17 11:13:56

Wait, your DH told you he didn't have leave, but then it turned out he just couldn't be bothered to check?

I'd be HOPPING MAD!

When you say this happens all the time - what is going on here? Why does he book holidays and then try to bail? It's really odd behaviour.

HolgerDanske Mon 09-Oct-17 11:19:59

He's a dick. Why the fuck is he whingeing about helping you with something you need for his daughter's birthday and so that his other ill daughter doesn't have to be dragged around the shops??

He needs to grow the fuck up. And he needs to be put in his place in regards to the stunt he apparently pulls every time about holidays. It's not on at all. I'd be so cross, I'd have no respect at all for a father like that.

Pippa12 Mon 09-Oct-17 18:24:11

My husband is always making a song and dance about work. I wanted to take the children away for the may bank holiday next year- i changed tactics and said i hoped he could make it but if not i was going to take them with my sister... funnily enough it was all booked and paid for (by him) a couple of days later!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: