Talk

Advanced search

To be waiting for it to happen again

(10 Posts)
justanothermomentintime Mon 09-Oct-17 08:02:14

I had a miscarriage in July. I'm now pregnant again (5weeks) and I'm quite calmly expecting it to happen again. I can't shake the feeling that I'm heading down the same road as before.

Has anyone else had this feeling after a miscarriage?

I have a DD who's 3 so I've had a successful pregnancy.

SleepingInYourFlowerbed Mon 09-Oct-17 08:05:41

Yes. I had a missed miscarriage where we found out at the 12 week scan. When I got pregnant again I just assumed it would happen again. I couldn't feel happy and excited to be pregnant. But it didn't and he's now 4. And I have a 10 month old too. No further miscarriages.

Taffeta Mon 09-Oct-17 08:12:13

Yes I hear you.

MMC, DS, MMC, DD. It'll get easier as time goes on.

All the best flowers

cheesydoesit Mon 09-Oct-17 08:17:15

Yes, i had a MMC at 13 weeks and even though I am 27 weeks along now I still won't shake off any fear until everything is well after the birth. It is horrible and there's not much to do but wait. All the best for you too.

slothqueen Mon 09-Oct-17 08:34:08

I had two miscarriages before dd. I was so convinced I wasn't going to have a healthy baby I didn't even buy any baby stuff until I was 38 weeks pregnant with her. I didn't want to "jinx" it. Even then I only bought the bare minimum.
The first twelve weeks dragged by.

Subtlecheese Mon 09-Oct-17 08:39:49

I felt that plenty of times. I was wrong on the last occasion thankfully. But. Every single day of a pregnancy after a mc is tense flowers or detached. It's a necessary way to cope.

Spuddington Mon 09-Oct-17 09:10:13

Yes. Multiple miscarriages, always waiting for the worst. It's normal to feel that way. I hope everything goes as it should for you this time flowers

SunnyCoco Mon 09-Oct-17 13:44:25

Yes it's a terrible feeling, I am really sorry for you.
I have had two miscarriages in a row and I am now pregnant again and feel exactly the same as you - although you sound a bit calmer than me!
It's unbearably difficult and I have my fingers crossed this time goes ok for both of us x

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 09-Oct-17 13:48:06

Yes. I got pregnant with my dd when my first would have 2 months old.
However I think a miscarriage is something all pregnant women fear.
Whether they've suffered a previous loss or not.

justanothermomentintime Mon 09-Oct-17 14:12:44

sunnycoco

Positive thoughts flowers let's hope we will be fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now