Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To find life a bit relentless and not much fun?

(5 Posts)
Notcontent Sun 08-Oct-17 23:12:25

It wasn't always like that. Like most people, I have had some ups and downs throughout my adult life, but in general I remember enjoying life.

However, in recent years I can't say I am really enjoying life. My life is not bad - I have a job, enough money to have a few luxuries such as holidays, and I have a lovely dd who I adore. However, I don't really have a social life, and as a lone parent my life is just work and being a parent. Sure, I have happy moments but in general I don't really like my life.

Anyone else feel like that?

QueenJane Sun 08-Oct-17 23:15:42

Yes, but I have depression/PND.

It's not that I feel like anything is missing, like a social life for example. It's that I just don't want to be involved in anything. I do lots of things that other people would consider 'fun', but I find it hard to enjoy anything.

giorgiee Sun 08-Oct-17 23:23:28

I have a lovely family, baby on the way and amazing partner. Good life. But I can't enjoy myself, always struggled with it.
I've been on and off antidepressants most of my adult life. sad

stella23 Sun 08-Oct-17 23:27:06

Yes it's just tiresome sometimes.

G1raffe Sun 08-Oct-17 23:28:48

Yes. I never quite know if it's the way life has turned out and it is this tough and due to my health conditions or if I'm depresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now