Talk

Advanced search

CFN Bin Gate.. who is BU?

(72 Posts)
Cinderellashoe Sun 08-Oct-17 16:20:49

Neighbour on a very busy row of terraced houses with parking on both sides is popping her wheely bin in the road for what we can only assume is to save a parking space. The first time we parked behind it and left it as thought we wouldn't get involved and there was one other space (it's a busy road, I regularly park up to 0.3 miles away during peak hours) but today her bin was blocking the only remaining parking space on our bit of road, it was directly outside my house so I got out and moved it. I put the bin in front of her house. Her neighbour had just parked a little further up the road when we arrived so they had clearly not attempted to move it but parked up the road out of their way to avoid it. Not seen or heard from her yet and her bin is still where I left it. We've lived here a little while and she's only just started doing it, but twice in a couple of days, who knows if she does it when we're both at work! Is she being a CFN or is this common practise? It's annoyed me as you can tell! WWYD?

lasketchup Sun 08-Oct-17 16:23:08

She’s a cheeky fucker! And I’m also place marking because I love a good parking thread. grin

RestingBitchFaced Sun 08-Oct-17 16:28:57

Definitely a CF, I would move it every time I see it there

GlitteryFluff Sun 08-Oct-17 16:31:07

Definitely CF.
Well done for just moving it and parking.
Don't pander.
You could at first claim ignorance if they mention it, oh yes that was me, someone had put it in the road so I moved it back for you.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sun 08-Oct-17 16:34:12

Unless she has a designated disabled space then she can't just declare a part of the road as hers!! It's a public road. Anyone can park right outside her house and she can't do anything about it. Keep moving the bin. I'm pretty sure there is also something prohibiting bins being on the actual road.

happy321123 Sun 08-Oct-17 16:35:36

I would totally do the same thing you have done

londonrach Sun 08-Oct-17 16:36:56

Move it. Its blocking a public highway. The community officer might be interested in having a word

MinervaSaidThar Sun 08-Oct-17 16:37:55

You totally did the right thing! Well done for not keeping quiet to avoid a confrontation!

IHeartDodo Sun 08-Oct-17 16:43:30

haha my neighbour does this too!
Can see why as it's a busy road and there's often no parking, but I just "assume" it's rubbish and throw it onto the verge on the other side of the road! If they ever challenge me I'm going to play dumb and point out it's a public road and they can't do that!

Andrewofgg Sun 08-Oct-17 16:49:34

She leaves it, you move it, she leaves it, you move it, till she gets the message. You cannot save a spot. Keep us informed!

bimbobaggins Sun 08-Oct-17 16:51:24

You absolutely did the right thing. There's no way I'd be letting a bin on the road stop me from parking

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sun 08-Oct-17 16:52:57

The only time it is acceptable to reserve a space outside your house is for delivery of a skip or arrival of a removal lorry.

SchadenfreudePersonified Sun 08-Oct-17 16:57:30

<chants> DIAGRAM! DIAGRAM! DIAGRAM!

MyBrilliantDisguise Sun 08-Oct-17 16:59:53

Where I live we're not allowed to have the wheelie bins out on the pavements until the evening before bin day.

BriechonCheese Sun 08-Oct-17 17:00:27

People who think the road outside their house belongs to them, are a special breed of thick.

grannytomine Sun 08-Oct-17 17:01:31

The only time it is acceptable to reserve a space outside your house is for delivery of a skip or arrival of a removal lorry. The police round here will lend you cones if you want parking for funeral cars.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sun 08-Oct-17 17:01:34

DIAGRAM! DIAGRAM! DIAGRAM!

grin normally I'd be chanting with you but I think we all know what a terraced street with parking on both sides looks like!

flumpybear Sun 08-Oct-17 17:01:41

You’re right she’s a CFN
There was a Neighbours From Hell episode where a bloke was doing this too - it got messy!

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sun 08-Oct-17 17:02:41

Sorry, yes to funeral cars too

Whinesalot Sun 08-Oct-17 17:06:46

Not even outside her own house but yours!

PastysPrincess Sun 08-Oct-17 17:07:12

Love a good parking thread. grin

Sohurt17 Sun 08-Oct-17 17:07:57

I have a neighbour who parks her car in such a way that it takes 2 spaces IYSWIM. Then when her partner comes home she moves her car so that they can both park in the space her car was taking up. Absolute twats angry

snotato Sun 08-Oct-17 17:09:30

Parking space hoggers really annoy me!
My friend on the next street has a son who parked on the opposite side of his street.A woman on that side came out and went absolutely mental at him for it.
It beggers belief!
Yes please move her bin every single time she puts it there.

TheAntiBoop Sun 08-Oct-17 17:22:10

On our road you can suspend the spaces for moving/skip. They put signs up seven days in advance

If someone parks there despite the suspension signs then the council move the cars into different spaces. I love the idea of people coming back to find their car is gone and then having to pound the streets looking for it!

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Sun 08-Oct-17 17:29:34

Oh, just move it if you want to park, fgs. What’s with the DIAGRAM, NoCry?? Can’t you visualise what a wheelybin parked on the road looks like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now