Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To take this higher?

(7 Posts)
pawsies Sat 07-Oct-17 22:02:09

I work for a company where it's common for colleagues to date.

In my work (retail) I have an assistant manager and colleague in a recent relationship.

Said colleague is a grumpy moaner who always wants his own way.

Both him and assistant manager have been on the same shift with me recently.

Earlier this week he complained about me going on break with another colleague (fair enough probably shouldn't have but didn't have much time left). Tantrum ensues and gf comes storming in saying one of us has to come off. Ok I came off, very angry but I did (this was the tip of the iceberg with said colleague moaning).

Today I go on break. Who appears on his break? Said colleague. I said oh we can't BOTH go on break. He mumbles about how he'll go out if needed. Not happy about that I went out to his gf, expecting nothing to happen but she was the only person in charge so I had no choice, saying oh we can't BOTH go on break. She mumbles about how his breaks are delayed so it's ok.

I know it's petty but really irked me. I plan to take it higher as you can't treat people differently but does anyone have any advice? So frustrated by the whole fiasco.

confusedlittleone Sun 08-Oct-17 07:11:31

Did you ask to take your break or just take it?

Winterfellismyhome Sun 08-Oct-17 07:15:22

Could you ask a store manager or area manager for some clarification on the rules around breaks to be issued so everyone knows where they stand?

LavenderDoll Sun 08-Oct-17 07:16:56

Did you ask the previous time if it was an acceptable time to go for break.
It's really up to management to decide when breaks are taken

Sayyouwill Sun 08-Oct-17 07:27:22

Can you request a break rota so you all go one after each other? That's usually very standard in retain

Sayyouwill Sun 08-Oct-17 07:27:31

*retail

ImogenTubbs Sun 08-Oct-17 07:38:12

I think this is probably too minor to report, but keep a note of it in case this starts to be a pattern and then you will have a record of all incidents. Can see why you're annoyed, but this would be seen as just making a fuss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now