Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pre drinking bottle ettiquite

(86 Posts)
KissesAX Sat 07-Oct-17 21:51:24

This might not be the usual for a lot of people as I know some will say 'what's a night out'? grin
But I'm relatively young (early 20s) so want some opinions.

What do you think the ettiquite is when taking a bottle to someone's house to drink for pre drinks?

I took a big litre bottle of vodka to a friends I regularly go to to pre drink before we went out. Brand new bottle. She's had other people round since and they've drank it. So next time I go round id have to ignorantly ask for my bottle to drink or buy another to take.

In mine, if someone brings a bottle of spirits to pre drink, I leave it for them until next time. I wouldn't drink it on them.

What do you all think the ettiquite is about bottles of spirits people bring to pre drink and leave at your house because they can't be taken the club. And I'm not talking about an unfinished bottle or wine brought to share on a night in.

Invisimamma Sat 07-Oct-17 21:56:11

Don't take a full bottle!

KissesAX Sat 07-Oct-17 21:57:27

I actually wouldn't usually but this person is my best friend and so thought nothing of it.

19lottie82 Sat 07-Oct-17 21:57:45

I wouldn't expect to get a bottle back if I left it at someone's house, sorry.

Ginmakesitallok Sat 07-Oct-17 21:57:57

If you leave a bottle at the hosts then they can drink it. Bring a half/quarter bottle next time.

Salva Sat 07-Oct-17 21:58:01

Bring a half bottle next time!
I couldn't have kept track of whose vodka was who's in my 20's. If you don't come to collect it or specifically ask for it then it would go in my drinks cupboard.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Sat 07-Oct-17 21:58:05

You take smaller bottles.

Percephone Sat 07-Oct-17 21:59:30

I think you have to collect it within a certain length of time otherwise your friend will assume you are leaving it there.

peachgreen Sat 07-Oct-17 22:00:10

So you expect your friend to keep track of what belongs to who so she can ensure not to let anyone else drink it? hmm

If you take a bottle to a host’s house, it becomes theirs. If you don’t want that, buy smaller bottles / drink wine. Or take it home with you, if she’s your best friend!

Fattychan123 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:02:24

What brand of vodka was it can I ask ?

NoSquirrels Sat 07-Oct-17 22:03:58

Smaller bottle/less vodka in big bottle.

Or, as she's your best friend, say/text before you go "Presume I'm alright not to bring anything this time? I left half a litre of vodka last week" and ho from there?

Vanillamanilla1 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:04:27

You can't ask for it back .. It becomes the hosts vodka once you cross the threshold dosent it ?

KissesAX Sat 07-Oct-17 22:05:05

It's my best friend. Only a small group of us who go out so not that hard to keep track of. They usually don't drink vodka which is why I took my own bottle. They used to bring Amoretto and leave it in mine until they were next round.

@Fattychan123 it was Smirnoff.

KissesAX Sat 07-Oct-17 22:05:55

We go out weekly I might add so not like it's a few months in between each visit

llangennith Sat 07-Oct-17 22:06:17

Take a very small bottle in future or a cheap bottle of wine. Put it down to experience.

user1493413286 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:06:38

In my early twenties (now late twenties) I used to only take smaller bottles of spirits or smaller bottles of drink for that exact reason unless you can say to your friend can she keep it safe for you for next time.

ruddynorah Sat 07-Oct-17 22:07:20

You should take those cans of pre mixed drinks. No waste and just enough that you'll drink that night.

user1493413286 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:07:39

But thinking about it more if my best friend brought a litre bottle over I would have kept it safe for her without thinking about it.

0hCrepe Sat 07-Oct-17 22:08:40

A friend's girlfriend left her vodka here after we'd done a BBQ for his birthday. It's still here in the fridge though somewhat depleted. If she wanted to keep it she would've taken it surely?
Whenever I used to drink vodka before going out years ago we'd split the cost and drink it all.

0hCrepe Sat 07-Oct-17 22:10:51

How do you know they've drunk it? If they ran out of booze I guess it was too tempting. Just take enough for you next time.

Betsyboo87 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:20:49

It sounds like she's drunk it between you guys going out and when you next go out. How do you know she won't replace it before next weekend? I don't think it's worth falling out over. This probably happened between my friends and I but we each might have each done it so it will have evened out over the years.

DeadGood Sat 07-Oct-17 22:26:52

"I wouldn't drink it on them."

You make it sound like she did something to you, rather than what actually happened, which is that she found alcohol in her own home and drank it. Like anyone would.

wtffgs Sat 07-Oct-17 22:29:49

I remember 'pre-drinking' to save money on nights out.

If I had a pre-drink now I'd probably just want to put my pyjamas on and go to bed afterwards grin

<old hummer>

mum11970 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:30:26

When my son is home from uni and his friends come round to pre drink anything left behind is put aside for them to collect or drink next time they come round. We wouldn’t dream of drinking it.

wtffgs Sat 07-Oct-17 22:30:43

Oh FFS! angry

Old *gimmer*!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now