Talk

Advanced search

To go to the dr about strange feeling toe

(9 Posts)
xrayyankeezulu Sat 07-Oct-17 20:25:09

So for the past few weeks the 2nd toe on my left foot (the one next to the big toe) has felt really strange.

I can't really explain it but it feels sort of tight. I keep thinking there's a hair or piece of cotton caught around it but there's nothing there to see at all. Its starting to drive me a bit crazy.

It's hard to get an appointment at our GP, they do a walk in surgery 2 mornings a week but the wait time is so long, plus I don't really know if it's worth a visit - not sure they'd be able to do anything.

Has anyone had similar? If so what did it end up being?

WhoWants2Know Sat 07-Oct-17 20:29:01

Is it causing problems in your day-to-day life?

WhoWants2Know Sat 07-Oct-17 20:34:07

Weirdly enough, Google has loads of people with the same symptom and most seem tied to nerve issues.

shouldnthavesaid Sat 07-Oct-17 21:17:46

Could it be a nerve issue? A friend has no feeling in her big toe following back surgery about ten years ago, she said its completely numb. Your lumbar spine nerves go to your feet/legs so possible if you've a back issue an initial symptom could be issues with your toes/feet. Maybe worth seeing your GP with a routine appointment. If you develop increasing numbness particularly around your bottom/'saddle area' or problems going to the loo then see a doctor asap, but otherwise would just make a routine appt.

MulhuddartDrive Sat 07-Oct-17 21:37:38

I had weird toe numbness for a couple of years after my c-section.

PaintingByNumbers Sat 07-Oct-17 21:44:46

Yup, sounds like nerve to me too, try sciatic nerve stretches and don',t ignore it if it gets worse

Itsanicehotel Sat 07-Oct-17 21:45:30

I'd get it checked out. It sounds something to do with the nerves. All sorts of things it could be caused by so definitely shouldn't be left.

TammySwansonTwo Sat 07-Oct-17 21:50:55

This is neuropathic. For the past two weeks I have a burning sensation in my knee that spreads down my leg and into my foot, and it feels like there are bugs crawling on my feet. It's not a blood clot and isn't really painful, just feels weird. Neurological symptoms like this should be seen by a doctor - could be a back problem or a host of other things but worth getting a check up so they can test your reflexes and other things.

xrayyankeezulu Sat 07-Oct-17 21:52:31

Oh really WW2K, I try to avoid google for anything medical because I just worry myself. Its not causing any issues as such it's just unusual & irritating. I think I'll wait until I next have to go & mention it to GP then, interested to know other people's experiences though because it's the strangest thing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now