Talk

Advanced search

To pay for this?

(10 Posts)
Fuckitletshavevino Sat 07-Oct-17 19:28:18

I’m in a dilemma. I have a stinking cold/flu so can’t taste anything, have no energy blah blah blah.

But I know I need to eat. Is it worth paying for a takeaway if I can’t taste it? I really want pizza! I would have no problem ordering if my son was here but he is at his dads.

Aibu to pay money for something I can’t taste and enjoy? Wwyd?

tippz Sat 07-Oct-17 19:31:25

I would not to be honest.

When I spent 5 days with no sense of taste, I had jacket potatoes that I did in the microwave, with a bit of butter. No point wasting good food when I had no taste.

AnnieOH1 Sat 07-Oct-17 19:32:32

If you're unwell and unlikely to eat anything else have it as you fancy it. The only time I would feel the need to try to justify it is if I was likely to be sick. Get well smile

4yoniD Sat 07-Oct-17 19:33:52

Indian? Strong enough to taste and the spicy(ness?) might help?

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sat 07-Oct-17 19:34:15

Toast is your friend here. Filling. Easy to do and at least you'll get texture even if not flavour

Janek Sat 07-Oct-17 19:34:58

Have jalapeño peppers on your pizza - you'll be able to taste it then...

Fuckitletshavevino Sat 07-Oct-17 19:40:16

@tippz that’s what I thought. I’ve now got to the point of just going to bed and eating tomorrow. After fighting this for 4 days to work and be mum, now I don’t have to do either of those I just feel gevrbeiznebqksuvywbey.....iyswim.

Fuckitletshavevino Sat 07-Oct-17 19:44:57

Aww wish i could do the spicy thing but i cant handle the heat. Tikka massala is my limit. I will remember for next time though

Fuckitletshavevino Sat 07-Oct-17 19:48:29

I have had some toast (cardboard) so i will now sleep..........and dream about the pizza i will eat next week

bridgetreilly Sat 07-Oct-17 19:55:32

Eat something and ideally something with vitamins in it. Cereal would work, if you don't want to cook.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: