Talk

Advanced search

KFC

(35 Posts)
CosyFires Sat 07-Oct-17 17:32:29

DP and I have been trying to lose weight and so far I've lose 9lbs!

DP wants a KFC tonight as a treat. We've gone from having 3 take aways a week to none. It's been 5 weeks now since our last.

AIBU to have one? Would it ruin everything I'm worked hard for so far? Or is one occasional treat allowed? 😫

PurplePillowCase Sat 07-Oct-17 17:34:36

you will be fine. maybe make up a salad to fill you up quicker. congrats on your weightloss!

19lottie82 Sat 07-Oct-17 17:34:50

Just have one, you're allowed the odd treat when you're on a diet! Well done on losing 9lb!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 07-Oct-17 17:36:03

I think a treat is sensible.

Dieting is a marathon, not a sprint.

One KFC will not masks a difference.

ReasonableLlama Sat 07-Oct-17 17:36:40

Have a treat, as long as you know you can get back on it. I always find when I have a treat I'll have another one the next day and the next day and my diet has gone out the window.

Well done on your weight loss so far!

WorraLiberty Sat 07-Oct-17 17:37:15

It really depends on what having a KFC means?

To me, it means 2 pieces of chicken, fries and a pot of gravy.

To my friends, it means various other choices.

Nikephorus Sat 07-Oct-17 17:40:02

As long as you only have a bit you'll be fine - regular fries, couple of bits of chicken.

Cagliostro Sat 07-Oct-17 17:40:50

I would say have it because unless you are planning to literally have no treats ever then it makes sense to be able to incorporate the odd meal out etc into your diet

Hassled Sat 07-Oct-17 17:41:41

Worra - I go crazy and have 3 pieces of chicken, fries and gravy on the basis that if I'm going to eat junk food, I may as well go the whole hog. Then I discovered their spicy wing things which are so good that sometimes I dream about them. God I want a KFC now.

PurpleDaisies Sat 07-Oct-17 17:41:50

The rice boxes aren't too bad calorie wise.

user1471548375 Sat 07-Oct-17 17:43:32

One bad meal when you're eating well all the time makes no more difference than eating one salad does when everything else you eat is crap.

A planned and agreed on treat means you're far less likely to feel hard done by and fall off the wagon in a spectacular fashion. Go get it, enjoy it and back to it tomorrow.

Bobbiepin Sat 07-Oct-17 17:44:17

Personally I wouldn't but if its a one off and you're sensible about it then its not bad. What I think is more damaging to your weight loss is equating bad food to treating yourself. If you want a treat, go to the cinema or something. Don't reward yourself with food.

CosyFires Sat 07-Oct-17 17:46:29

Thanks everyone! I am a sucker for their gravy and hot wings!

Starlight2345 Sat 07-Oct-17 17:48:53

On my treat I wouldn't have KFC simply because you can buy shop bought Southern fried Chicken which tastes very similar.

However if that will mean you still feel deprived of KFC then do it.

Sayyouwill Sat 07-Oct-17 17:50:47

Having one salad does not make you healthy so having one fatty tea won't make you unhealthy.

Penny4UrThoughts Sat 07-Oct-17 17:52:20

Having planned 'cheat days' has been shown to be beneficial for dieting.

A) you are less likely to cheat as you know you have a day you are allowed to and, more importantly
B) it means the metabolic rate doesn't fall as much as you lose weight, leading you to an overall faster weight loss

WorraLiberty Sat 07-Oct-17 17:53:24

There's no such thing as 'bad' food.

It really is just food.

I mean ethical arguments aside of course.

Hassled I want one too grin

Penny4UrThoughts Sat 07-Oct-17 17:53:58

This might not be the best source, but it explains it better than I did!

fitnessblackandwhite.com/diet-cheat-day/

Hassled Sat 07-Oct-17 17:56:45

Starlight - shop bought may taste similar but it's not even close to being as good. No fried chicken is as good. KFC has crack cocaine or something in it - that's probably one of the eleven (was it eleven?) secret herbs and spices. That's why Col Sanders looked so happy all the time.

Jasminedes Sat 07-Oct-17 17:58:50

One takeaway a month

SparkyBlue Sat 07-Oct-17 17:59:57

Definitely get your KFC and enjoy it. You are entitled to have a treat night.

catgirl1976 Sat 07-Oct-17 18:03:19

YANBU - have a cheat day, it's a good thing

But YABU not to wait until the Double Down burger arrives and really go for it ;0

Congratulations on your weight loss so far, that's excellent

DontTouchTheMoustache Sat 07-Oct-17 18:03:32

Oh god...now i wnt a kfc so badly! Have some gravy for me op

spicedpeach Sat 07-Oct-17 18:04:30

Well done!

I'm also losing weight, in 3 weeks I've dropped about 8lbs, we would eat junk food and snacks every night (we were terrible). We now have one takeaway a week and I'll eat healthy for the other 6 and I'm still losing. I promise you it won't make a difference - however you might find you don't actually enjoy them as much as you used to - I still like takeaways but I don't love them as I once did!

Well done and good luck on your journey of losing weight! smile

irvineoneohone Sat 07-Oct-17 18:04:38

British KFC doesn't taste as nice as one in my country!(Sorry.)
I prefer chicken from my local chicken shop. But these fried foods are addictive. I can smell from miles away!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now