Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

posting for traffic - DD suddenly sleeping a lot but not unwell?

(3 Posts)
QueenOfTheSkies Sat 07-Oct-17 15:47:38

DD is 21 months. She is a very happy healthy child, very easy and only ever had a couple of light colds. About a month ago we reduced her nap from 2-3 hours down to 1.5hrs as she was staying awake ages at bedtime. All fine, sleeping about 11 hours overnight, sometimes 12.

Suddenly 2 days ago she has turned into a zombie! She is eating normally - some meals she eats loads, some she picks at but this is normal for her. She's drinking normally. Not running a temperature. But she just wants to sleep and gets grouchy if we dont let her. She's done 2 days of 3 hour naps again (and i'm having to wake her up) and this morning i had to wake her for breakfast after a 14 hour night! She is normal self in between albeit a bit more clingy than normal. I'm about to wake her now as she has napped for 3 hours again and still snoring!

Is this normal? is there some developmental thing around 21 months that i cant remember? Anyone else's toddler do this?!

AIBU to worry?

Mol1628 Sat 07-Oct-17 15:50:36

Sounds normal. Mine always go through tired periods. 5yo still does. It's when they're growing physically or mentally. Also they do sometimes get like that when they're about to come down with a cold or something a few days before symptoms start. But usually it's just a growth spurt

Caterina99 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:19:51

Growth spurt? Enjoy it while it lasts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now