Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask about your blonde lady moustache?

(76 Posts)
smallguineapig Sat 07-Oct-17 12:48:55

Bit of a random question and I'm almost afraid to ask people about it in real life.

I am naturally fair and as I am getting older, have been getting a few whiskers and a bit more hair on my upper lip. I have electroloysis every now and then for the stronger, whiskery hairs and a few of the ones from my upper lip but still have a covering of fairly downy blonde hairs in the moustache area. This mainly shows up if I'm under a strong light but is not visible in the way that dark hairs would be. Still I find myself looking at a lot of other women who appear to have completely smooth upper lips and presumably wax them. I would do laser in a heartbeat but as far as I know, it doesn't work on blonde hair.
Does anyone have any advice? Do you have a blonde moustache? Do you do anything with it?

smallguineapig Sat 07-Oct-17 12:55:50

Any other blonde moustached ladies out there at all?

Elledouble Sat 07-Oct-17 12:57:58

I use one of those little sandpaper things to get rid of mine

justilou1 Sat 07-Oct-17 13:00:15

I am going to see a dermatologist about mine. It's totally colourless, transparent, etc.... BUT SO MUCH OF IT I AM RESEMBLING A GOAT!!! It's getting thicker and thicker from my cheekbones right down my neck!!

Yazoop Sat 07-Oct-17 13:00:18

Me! I have a few very fine blonde hairs over my lip and I don't do anything with it as I don't think it is massively noticeable yet, although I may well be fooling myself. But it is going to get worse as I get older, so will be watching this thread with interest grin

I also now have one random wirey longer dark hair that pops out of my chin every couple of months. What is that about?! My DP usually notices it and calls it my lady beard. I then pluck it out in a huff.

DameDaffodil Sat 07-Oct-17 13:00:27

I get mine threaded, it's brilliant!

tippz Sat 07-Oct-17 13:01:15

I am quite happy with mine. Never do anything to it.

swinkle Sat 07-Oct-17 13:05:01

I've always had a bit of a tache. I used to use hair removal cream, then started to use nail scissors to trim it really short. Now I shave it! I do it every few weeks when it starts to get a bit bushy again.

smallguineapig Sat 07-Oct-17 13:48:58

tippz that's funny!

DameDaffodil how long does threading work for?

And if I wax or thread it, would it grow back darker or bushier?

I also have a few longer, more wiry hairs on the chin etc and unfortunately that is going to increase with age.

Sarahh2014 Sat 07-Oct-17 13:51:39

Sensitive hair removal cream..leave on for 5 mins all hair gone I do it once a week or so

WillowWeeping Sat 07-Oct-17 13:55:15

I have it threaded and then pluck in between. I am always puzzled by women with thick but blonde taches- they're so noticeable when in bright light I wonder if they all have half lit bedrooms and just don't notice at home.

hula008 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:02:46

WillowWeeping
Perhaps they do know it's there but don't want to shave it because that's absolutely not necessary at all? hmm

NickMyLipple Sat 07-Oct-17 14:07:43

I'm someone with blonde downy facial hair who does nothing! It's not a problem for me and I don't care if others notice it! I don't want to have a hair removal routine for my face because I'll have to keep it up and that's hard work frankly.

Fatarseflanagan09 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:12:39

I have to get mine waxed because if I don't I look like Brian Blessed.

lookingbeyond40 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:18:30

I have a moustache. And a beard. It’s terrifying especially when I notice it in the light and look like one of The Twits.

So hideous I invested in a Philips Laser thingy. Trouble is it doesn’t remove the grey ones. But it’s getting better.

Honestly its the Bain of my life!!

lookingbeyond40 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:19:25

Crying at Brian Blessed!! 😂❤️❤️😂

CheeseAtFourpence Sat 07-Oct-17 14:21:37

I use one of those twizzy spring things with the pink handles on for my increasingly hairy chin and cheeks. Wax my own top lip.

flojo73 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:21:42

I have mine(blonde, but getting more noticeable since turning 40...) threaded every 3-4 weeks.

SquidgeyMidgey Sat 07-Oct-17 14:25:59

I have a blonde tache, more so with increasing age. I've tried hot wax (gave me brown patches), cold wax (crap) and electrolysis which left me with 3 pock mark type scars angry mine makes my foundation cakey so now I zip it off with DH's razor once a week grin doesn't grow back thicker or darker and takes 2 seconds.

TheMasterNotMargarita Sat 07-Oct-17 14:28:57

Eyebrow razors are your friend.

averylongtimeago Sat 07-Oct-17 14:33:04

A blonde tache you say? I see your blonde hairs and raise you the full Old Testament prophet look, with added grey bits.
Honestly if I don't spend ages plucking the hairs out I could earn a second income as a bearded lady.

Munchyseeds Sat 07-Oct-17 14:38:14

Boots hair removal cream...8 mins every few weeks. Inbetween I just pluck!!

Aria2015 Sat 07-Oct-17 15:03:52

I epilate my top lip. I have dark hair but it’s still fine. I just zip over it every other day. Just stops me feeling self conscious about it.

silkpyjamasallday Sat 07-Oct-17 15:25:13

Mine isn't blonde, but isn't too noticeable as I've been plucking it for years, I got bullied a lot for it as a teen. Best thing I've bought was one of those springs you roll and twist along the skin with the offending hair and it takes it all off, even the really fine downy hairs. Doesn't half hurt though, and I did most of my 19 hour labour with no painkillers!

smallguineapig Sat 07-Oct-17 15:27:05

Thank you ladies. So many varied approaches to dealing with it, now I'm more confused than ever! I'm going to get my eyebrows threaded soon so I might talk to the lady then about threading it. Or maybe going for waxing would be quicker and less painful? Electrolysis is really quite painful when it gets close to the lip itself, its such a sensitive area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now