Talk

Advanced search

To expect my cleaner to

(9 Posts)
Shouldnotwouldnot Sat 07-Oct-17 12:06:37

Hoover behind the sofa? It's a very easy to pull out sofa, I can do it with one hand, easily. I looked behind there today and it's so dusty, obviously never done.

Generally I find her a bit shit but trying to work out if I'm being too demanding!

Shestolethewitchesredshoes Sat 07-Oct-17 12:08:21

Do you have an agreement for her to move furniture? If yes then yes.

If not then yabu

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sat 07-Oct-17 12:10:10

When she came for the initial meeting did you specify that you wanted her to pull out furnuture to clean under?

SupportTheresaElseBoris Sat 07-Oct-17 12:11:49

It's a once every 2 months job. Have you had the same cleaner for that long?

confusedlittleone Sat 07-Oct-17 12:12:37

It's a grey area, some people can be a bit precious about things being moved, so unless you've asked her to specifically then yabu

FeelingAggrieved Sat 07-Oct-17 12:14:32

It depends on how long you have had her, and if it's something you agreed. If you haven't had her long and you haven't discussed it, YABU.

Pengggwn Sat 07-Oct-17 12:18:09

Just tell her to do it as part of hoovering up.

Tigerlovingall Sat 07-Oct-17 12:30:57

I see mine before I --watch catchup tv--go to work in my study. I prioritise exactly what I want done for that session.
So far, it works for us.
Last week it was a general Hoover through,quite superficial, then emphasis on a good scrub of the bathrooms and kitchen. Next week there'll be more emphasis on the sitting room/bedroom/study, just general surface cleaning in the kitchen + bathrooms.
and so on..
Telling her what my priorities are each session works for us.

Shouldnotwouldnot Sat 07-Oct-17 12:38:43

She's been my cleaner for about a year. I don't see her as I'm at work. I do leave her messages but I don't think her English is that good which makes it hard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now