Talk

Advanced search

To dye my hair!

(6 Posts)
Oops4 Sat 07-Oct-17 11:44:32

So I went to the hairdresser to get my hair coloured yesterday and was aiming for dark base with autumnal reddish highlight. I have left with a head of pink hair. It isn't really not what I want and I have a friends wedding tomorrow! I don't want to make it worse but could I use a semi permanent/wash in type dye to calm it down or will that lead to disaster so soon after having it done?? Advice form any hairdresser/regular hair dyers much appreciated! 👩‍🎤👩‍🎤

PumpkinPie2016 Sat 07-Oct-17 11:50:38

I'm not a hairdresser but have my hair coloured/highlighted. I would seriously caution against putting a home colour on it yourself. Red colours in particular tend to react badly when mixed with other things and you could end up worse off.

I would contact the hairdresser, tell them you don't like it and ask their advice.

Did you not say when it was done that it wasn't what you wanted?

Marcipex Sat 07-Oct-17 11:52:21

You could easily put a darker shade over to calm it down, but really the thing to do is go back to the hairdressers and let them fix it.

PandorasXbox Sat 07-Oct-17 11:53:41

Go back and get them fix it! Personally I wouldn’t do it myself as it may turn out even worse!

haveacupoftea Sat 07-Oct-17 11:56:00

We need pictures grin

Oops4 Sat 07-Oct-17 13:21:52

Thanks all. I should have said something yesterday but just wanted out the shop and guess I was hoping it wouldn't be a bold once I was in normal light. I can't go back today as the wedding we're going to is a distance away so are travelling all day today. 😕

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now