loader

Talk

Advanced search

Credit scoring companies

(9 Posts)
babybarrister Sat 07-Oct-17 09:38:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

araiwa Sat 07-Oct-17 09:42:20

Then you should speak to your phone company and find out whats going on and get them to correct it if they were wrong

bigbluebus Sat 07-Oct-17 09:44:20

I think the recommendation is that you sign up to credit reference agencies and regularly check your credit details so that you can pick up on any fraud. We only found this out when someone opened an account with a mail order company in DHs name and ordered goods which were delivered to us. They then immediately changed the address and ordered more goods which would go to them. The details of the opening of this account were all visible on a credit search in DH's name. We were advised to sign up to the credit ref agency to make sure nothing further happened.

Finallyatlast Sat 07-Oct-17 09:45:11

I’d never apply for a mortgage without checking my credit file first.

Mistakes happen (as in your case). This can easily be fixed by contacting the mobile phone provider.

I think it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on your credit file for things like this. You can do it free now. Moneysaving expert credit club is a good one.

19lottie82 Sat 07-Oct-17 09:49:32

Why are you complaining to the credit referencing agency here? All they are doing is displaying information provided to them by the mobile phone company. You need to contact the mobile company to find out what's going on and get them to correct the info on your credit file, only they can do that! Credit agency's can't just change people records on an individuals say so.

engineersthumb Sat 07-Oct-17 09:52:23

The annoying thing is that this is anot here fabricated market generated solely to make money out of us by selling us our own information. If we really need a "credit file" then this should be centrally administered under HMRC and we should then grant access to companies when we feel it's appropriate. Unfortunately we are stuck with these leaches. Fortunately I've never needed them but I guess I will eventually have to bite the bullet and sign up to one or other.

babybarrister Sat 07-Oct-17 10:29:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frazzled3ds Sat 07-Oct-17 10:36:40

ClearScore and Noddle will both provide access to your credit files for free. I use clearscore and the report I get monthly is detailed and current, pulling information through from Experian. It’s displayed clearly and they have various blogs available giving advice on improving your score etc (mine is rather low, but since I’ve been using the app, I’ve gone up 5 points and have a much better idea on what’s going on and how to continue to improve the score).

19lottie82 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:25:35

frazzle your "score" is meaningless. No one can see it apart from you, it's just a marketing tool made up by the credit referring agencies.

The fact yours has gone up 5 points literally doesn't mean a thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now