Talk

Advanced search

To move to a new country mid-pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
tilda0 Sat 07-Oct-17 09:12:40

Having to find a new midwife, having to re-adjust ourselves. We live in a place I don't like, have no friends but have mil. I wanna to move back where we had friends, culture and work but this means not having any family around.

confusedlittleone Sat 07-Oct-17 10:16:48

How pregnant will you be? Is it a place where you'd have to find an lmc (like nz/us) or a place where you'd be automatically given one from the hospital? Can you afford it and still afford to survive after? Do you have a place to live?

confusedlittleone Sat 07-Oct-17 10:18:02

Will your mil be able to help with childcare? Do the friends your moving to have children (if you not you may find things change even if you move with baby)

Katedotness1963 Sat 07-Oct-17 10:19:01

We moved from the UK to Germany when I was seven months pregnant. No family in the country, didn't know a soul. Managed fine.

MumInBrussels Sat 07-Oct-17 10:54:37

Where would you be moving to? I think having a baby in a country where you're miserable already is not necessarily the best idea. Having friends around you and being somewhere you like is important - maybe your MIL could come and stay with you for a while when the baby is born?

existentialmoment Sat 07-Oct-17 10:59:58

I don't think finding a midwife or having friends are the important issues here. Will you have a suitable place to live? Will you be able to earn enough money to support your child? Do you need visas etc?
These are the things that matter.

jeaux90 Sat 07-Oct-17 11:01:25

I did this. Where are you moving to?

tilda0 Fri 03-Nov-17 11:45:57

@jeaux90 to England which might be a bad idea as a European...or back home in France. I just don't see myself living for much longer where I am now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: