Talk

Advanced search

Roast dinner dramas

(11 Posts)
Mushybanna23 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:21:02

I probably am being u as I’m hormonal working all weekend and have a migraine. On Sunday I spoke to a family friend him and I love to cook roast dinners for the family. I said I would cook one at dads soon as he was welcome to come over. So I order in all the veg for Sunday on my Thursday food shop step Mum said she would do the meat. When I text a photo of pudding to the group on Thursday they text back saying the friend will come over to prep the veg and start cooking while your at work. I’m the one that brought the veg to cook my roast for my family he’s said he will come pick it all up from me I had planned to do it all In the morning I’ve got all those tin trays so it could just be put straight in the oven I feel like he’s taking over all my credit and not paid a penny

Mushybanna23 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:22:46

Actually just decided to prep it all so there’s hardly anything for him to do. as I know he won’t be able to make a cheese sauce for the cauliflower, or my sausage stuffing willl leave him just the carrots and potatoes

FeelingAggrieved Sat 07-Oct-17 08:26:05

YANBU there's helpful then there's completely taking over.

Oysterbabe Sat 07-Oct-17 08:27:05

Say no?

Ropsleybunny Sat 07-Oct-17 08:27:56

💐 I love A a Sunday roast, what time shall I arrive. 👀

Deemail Sat 07-Oct-17 08:27:59

Just say no thanks, you're looking forward to treating everyone.

QuiteLikely5 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:28:16

Wise up! smile

Mushybanna23 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:29:00

Well my family have said yes he thinks it’s ok Im prepping it all tomorrow morning he can do just carrots and potatoes the bits I hate

KrytensNanobots Sat 07-Oct-17 08:45:59

Your family have said yes? Tell him no, sorry, there must have been some misunderstanding as you meant you were cooking the dinner.

MinervaSaidThat Sat 07-Oct-17 08:48:13

No more roast dinners for him.

Ceto Sat 07-Oct-17 08:56:36

As you have a migraine, sit back and let Ian do it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now