Talk

Advanced search

To cut my mum out of my life!!

(12 Posts)
MakeUpGeekk Fri 06-Oct-17 23:48:11

I know it's never as simple as that. But I'm sure I've had enough now!

She try's to make look like an idiot in front of anyone, esp any partners I've had when we're alone she's fine, but any chance she gets to humiliate me she will!

She's two faced and constantly slagging someone off thinking she's miss perfect.

Tonight I have left her house fuming, she grabs my sides and says "Oh your putting on weight here" I had my back to her and my boyfriend but seen her reflection in a mirror looking at my boyfriend as she says it. He says nothing. We left minutes later. I couldn't even look at her walking out.

I walked out the room and wandered why the hell I'm letting her just do that to embarrass me, I called her a cheeky cow and said how she's always saying it, she says she never. Since I was a child she's done it, she'd grab anywhere on my body and go "look at this" infront of all my friends!

I'm a size 10 for Christ sake, I don't have a tight stomach but why the hell should that matter.

I feel like texting her and telling her not to contact me. Why does she do this!

BlueSapp Fri 06-Oct-17 23:52:30

Sounds exhausting op, perhaps some time apart wouldn’t do any harm. Just explain why and then maybe she will think hard about it in her own time

NightmareMonkey Sat 07-Oct-17 00:00:33

Nasty. She is putting you down to make herself feel better, your younger, have your life ahead of you & if you have a partner it's possible that she resents you for these reasons. Like her tine has passed & she wishes she was like you so in jealousy seeks to belittle you & break your confidence.

MakeUpGeekk Sat 07-Oct-17 00:26:15

I don't understand why she does it. I'd get embarrassed when I was younger but now it just angers me! I just feel like crying how can she be such a bitch

overnightangel Sat 07-Oct-17 00:33:54

Should you partner not be saying something ?!!

MakeUpGeekk Sat 07-Oct-17 00:51:55

When we got into the car I told him how I couldn't believe how she said that, he didn't say anything, I then told him about how she's made remarks when I was growing up, I said that's horrible isn't it? He couldn't say anything?? I said so you think I'm fat then? He then said don't take what she said out on me!

The thing is I'm not obese, I do have a tummy but fgs I'm not huge! I weigh 9st.

It was more the way she was looking at him as she said it, I felt like she was taking the piss out of me like she always tries to do, which is why I'd of hoped he would of said something!
She also loves it when we have relationship problems so j tell her nothing now.

My ex worshiped the ground I walked on and me feel so loved/special/attractive! My partner can't bring himself to say anything nice to me.

Binghasalottoanswerfor Sat 07-Oct-17 00:54:19

Get rid of them both! Seriously x

Binghasalottoanswerfor Sat 07-Oct-17 00:56:55

Maybe be a tiny bit of a birth and wind you'd mum up first by calling her and saying he's just got down on one knee and proposed! "Said he loves me and my curves" - wait for her to slam phone down, get rid of him and block them both!

Binghasalottoanswerfor Sat 07-Oct-17 00:57:10

*Bitch not birth angry

gluteustothemaximus Sat 07-Oct-17 00:58:19

My mother was like this. Some time apart would be good for you.

I have 3 children. I cannot ever imagine saying such horrible things to them. Ever.

Theycalledmethewildrose Sat 07-Oct-17 01:03:27

How would you feel if you stopped talking to and seeing your mum and she never made any effort to get back in touch with you over weeks, months and years?

Non contact is trotted out on MN but the reality of not having a mother that you could turn to in times of crisis has to be thought about too.

I'd suggest putting some physical distance between you first. Don't drop in so frequently. Don't call so often. See then how you feel. But don't do anything drastic without giving it a whole lot of thought. Take your time because you might find that she won't allow you to return if you go non contact.

But as for your boyfriend, if you don't have a house together and you don't have children, I would cut all contact and look for someone supportive

Vadams90 Sat 07-Oct-17 01:23:48

Take your time because you might find that she won't allow you to return if you go non contact.

hmm
No. She sounds toxic & like she revels in the OP’s misery- this isn’t a sweet innocent mother and a moody teenager argument, this is a grown, rude, patronising woman intent on belittling her daughter. Not every mother is loving, amazing and caring - some of us sadly have mothers that seem more against us than with us. I think you should withdraw from her OP. Your bf doesn’t sound caring either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now