Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think this learner driver was being a bit rude?

(8 Posts)
Annonie1 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:49:21

I was sitting in a car park waiting for DH to come out of shop. A learner driver was in the car space in front. The Mum (I assume) came back and the girl started to reverse, she went quite speedy and so I moved my car back, she ended up stopping and it wouldn't have hit my car even if I had stayed but I wasn't to know that and thought best to be safe than sorry.

Once she was turned around, she opened her window up and said "don't worry, I wasn't going to hit your car" not in a rude way but like she was being sarcastic if you know what I mean? It just seemed really unnecessary and rude.

DD (15) says that she probably thought I was rude!! For assuming she was going to. She's 15 though and would say that.

Genuinely curious now.

Silverthorn Fri 06-Oct-17 22:51:07

Dd is right.

Idontevencareanymore Fri 06-Oct-17 22:53:27

Nah she was rude. Her comment was pointless.

monkeywithacowface Fri 06-Oct-17 22:54:07

I don't think you were rude, just cautious and well she's a gobby sod who will probably at some point like all of us will back into a car/post at some point

BackforGood Fri 06-Oct-17 22:54:11

Obviously this is down to tone of voice, and body language and facial expression etc. From your words, I don't think she was being rude at all though.

Annonie1 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:54:29

I don't understand how moving my car back is rude? She's learning, it's understandable to be cautious around learners.

Thanks @Idontevencareanymore

Annonie1 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:56:06

She didn't say it in any particular way, she just opened her window said it and smiled, but it all seemed rather sarcastic. I hope DD won't behave like that!!

firawla Fri 06-Oct-17 23:04:40

I don’t think you were rude. You only moved your car back it’s not like you said anything to her.

I remember once when I was a learner my teacher had me practising bay park in a car park and he told me to park next to this white Range Rover. The owner came running up shouting nooooo you can’t prsctise next to my car! It was quite funny I wasn’t particularly offended. She was very ott, but it was an expense and pristinely keep car so I get it.

I don’t think there was a need for your learner to make that sarcastic comment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now