Talk

Advanced search

To feel like I've been shit in from a great height.

(59 Posts)
Mum2oneds Fri 06-Oct-17 22:15:00

OK so this may seem. Silly.
So tonight dp has a gig about 45 min drive away. I have to take my car as he has no room because of his equipment.
So I generally take my car and take my best friend. Anyway one of my headlights is out so I said it's not worth the risk as counrty lanes once off motorway etc so I wouldn't go as not worth the risk
She then said would your dp take me.. I said we'll if he had room for you he would for me.
So she was like oh well I was looking forward to it blah blah.. Well so was I but that's life.
She then said her son may take her. But not once offered to take me bearing in mind the only reason I didn't go was coz of headlight
Turns out she's got a mutual friend to take her. And to rub salt in the wound he would of had to drive past here to pick her up.. Then back past here to get to motorway.
Yet didnt offer to take me.. Yet I drive them everywhere.
This is the first night my DS has been to his dad's in 6 weeks so was looking forward to going out too.
Aibu to be stupidly upset by this..

monkeywithacowface Fri 06-Oct-17 22:17:06

Well now you know where you stand I hope you won't be offering her anymore lifts. She's not much of a friend is she?

highinthesky Fri 06-Oct-17 22:17:54

YANBU, your friend is being a self-centred bitch.

SonicBoomBoom Fri 06-Oct-17 22:17:56

Selfish cow.

Any worries that she likes your DP a bit more than platonically? Seems she's rather desperate to spend time with him, without you there.

lunar1 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:19:58

Looks like you won’t need to be ferrying her about any more, cheeky cow!

MistyMinge Fri 06-Oct-17 22:22:43

It's bloody rude and thoughtless. I'd be feeling hacked off too. I think you need to say something, that's not on.

Hisnamesblaine Fri 06-Oct-17 22:23:47

Agreed she's a selfish bint
But you could have asked for a lift.. .... see what she would have said?

JustPutSomeGlitterOnIt Fri 06-Oct-17 22:27:35

Aw I'd be gutted!

sizeofalentil Fri 06-Oct-17 22:42:32

Any chance there was a misunderstanding and she thought you didn't want to go, as well as your light being broken?

If not, it's beyond weird that she'd not invite you to go with her.

Mum2oneds Fri 06-Oct-17 22:42:34

I'm just so angry. And hurt by all of them.. Not dp as not his fault
Oh no no worries about her liking dp. That im sure of she's happily married and has known my dp longer than me.

NewLove Fri 06-Oct-17 22:45:24

That's just awful! At least you know now not to waste any more time on her sad

Gemini69 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:47:46

she's a selfish bitch.. no more lifts OP flowers

pinkdelight Fri 06-Oct-17 22:48:37

Why didn't you ask for a lift? as you didn't, she might've assumed you weren't that bothered.

existentialmoment Fri 06-Oct-17 22:48:45

Probably she just got the impression you didn;t want to go, so made her own arrangements. If you did want to go, surely you would have asked what time they were picking you up? Or did you do that thing where you wait for people to offer, say nothing and then moan when they don't?

Puddlesy Fri 06-Oct-17 22:49:32

sad
At best that was really, really thoughtless. I'd be upset too.

Kentnurse2015 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:50:06

Yep you should have asked for a lift!

Mum2oneds Fri 06-Oct-17 22:51:25

I had told her the only reason I wasn't was the bulb.
I didn't know they went until dp just text and said they were there.he's not happy and he said don't you think you could of picked her up. They were like ohh I didn't think

Some is probably me and pregnancy hormones but I'm literally so upset by this.

From now on sod them all.. And I'm stubborn and I'll stick to that.

InspMorse Fri 06-Oct-17 22:55:11

Wow she's selfish and thoughtless.
Tell her that you think so next time she wants a favour.

Afternooncatnap Fri 06-Oct-17 22:57:48

You said she has known your dp longer than you. Is it maybe that she feels that she is your dps friend first and your friend second. So she doesn't see why she should not go to gig just cause you arn't.

KeepServingTheDrinks Fri 06-Oct-17 23:02:28

I'd recommend that next time you don't offer to take her, and if she asks for a lift you say "you're joking aren't you? Obviously we make our own way there or you'd have given me a lift last time".

Cow!

Jaxhog Fri 06-Oct-17 23:04:48

She's not a friend, is she. No more lifts for her.

Mum2oneds Fri 06-Oct-17 23:17:43

I meant she's known him longer than I'd known him. She got us together.. I've been friends with her for 20 yrs.
She knew the only reason I couldn't go was the car issue.. I literally take her to every gig. Grocery shopping. You name it. But obviously her selfish need to go out just over come her and she found anyway possible to go.. Bearing in mind it's a long drive away too. Not just a taxi ride if it was local

Snausage Sat 07-Oct-17 08:38:39

Change your blown headlamp!

In answer to your question, though, your friend was a cow. Her 'need' to go out doesn't excuse the fact that she "didn't think" to offer you a lift. As she was being driven past your house. To a gig your partner was playing. hmm

I wouldn't offer her any more lifts to anywhere until she acknowledged the fact that she was out of line and apologised. Properly.

Afternooncatnap Sat 07-Oct-17 15:12:33

It's a weird thing to do to a good friend. Does she do stuff like this alot, or could she be pissed off with you?
If she does stuff like this alot then she probably is just thoughtless. If this is a one off I thing there is maybe somthing deeper going on.

Appuskidu Sat 07-Oct-17 15:18:34

You take her grocery shopping?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now