Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To hate the 'cutesy' croakey 'Hands, Shoulders Kees and Toes' ad for Fairy

(19 Posts)
LuluJakey1 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:34:24

I just hate it. It provokes irrational rage in me and I feel like smashing the TV set when it starts. I now turn the aound off rather than rant. It's her hideous, cutesy voice and the pause ,Hands, shoulders knees and ......toes'. Grrr! I am angry just thinking about it.

WinterRose92 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:35:29

Ugh! I'm with you on this one! Hate it!

WinterRose92 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:36:12

And now it's in my head! 😬

tippz Fri 06-Oct-17 19:36:35

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

I FUCKING HATE IT

AND I AM NOT SORRY FOR SHOUTING!!!!!!!!

angry

I am actually royally bastard fucked off with breathy indie girl singers ruining fucking classic songs; PRAISE YOU by fatboy slim is another one that is on at the mo!

And there are more. LOADS MORE!

Oh yeah. YANBU!

JeReviens Fri 06-Oct-17 19:36:48

I hate it more than I hate the Gala Bingo one and I REALLY fucking hate that!

FuzzyCustard Fri 06-Oct-17 19:38:55

I HATE her swoopy "can't hit the note in the middle" delivery too. And I am sure the tune is one note wrong from the way I have been singing it all my life.

REALLY REALLY HATE IT.

LuluJakey1 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:54:07

I would vote it as the most irritating advert ever in the history of TV adverts. I will never buy Fairy anything again in protest - that'll show them grin Now they'll be sorry.

Excited101 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:16:03

It's absolutely hideous and I don't know how it got picked.

twinjocks Fri 06-Oct-17 20:30:01

YES - was just saying this the other night - that ad is the pits. I detest that soppy breathy singing with a passion!

LuluJakey1 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:34:12

'breathy' yes that's the word. I want to smash her face in every time I hear the singing. (Am not in any way violent but it just enrages me).

forcryinoutloud Fri 06-Oct-17 20:48:39

Thank god I have not seen this advert! I use Fairy WUL and want to carry on using it but am scared this ad will stop me! Sounds horrific.
If it's as insipid, breathy and entitled as the Trivago woman then I'll throw a bottle of bleedin' Fairy at the TV.

MumsOnCrack Fri 06-Oct-17 21:39:29

Omg the fucking, “If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands!!!” Nooooo! X

phoenix1973 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:36:30

shock😠its swful

tippz Fri 06-Oct-17 23:14:52

Can I also throw in the ad for 'talk talk' with that fucking annoying family acting 'natural.' The woman (who has a hideous fake screechy laugh,) dressed up in a denim jacket, sitting on her couch, singing along to 'gonna get along without you now' whilst swinging her feet, whilst her husband guzzles booze out of a bottle.

ARGH! angry

SirRaymondLuxuryYacht Fri 06-Oct-17 23:19:55

I hate that ad with a passion. Her cutesy breathy voice annoys the hell out me. She sounds like a wind up toy that's winding down.
Oh and don't get me started on those awful nationwide ads. Bloody annoying shite.

WorraLiberty Fri 06-Oct-17 23:25:07

It's annoying but not as bad as that little whiny boy who wanted the Fairy Liquid bottle because, "I've beeeen waaaiting aaaagess to build a rocket".

I want to rinse his mouth out with it, to see if I can git rid of his bloody voice angry

tippz Fri 06-Oct-17 23:28:22

Yep the Nationwide ads are majorly cringey!

ushuaiamonamour Sat 07-Oct-17 22:20:09

Soundtrack for that advert awful, all right, not least because breathing-impaired singer can't pronounce a zed: Hands shoulders knees and . . . . . . toessss. And I wonder whether anyone at Fairy or Leo Burnett knew that the tune was nicked from a drinking song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLSqts4xis8 is a cheeringly camp version, though there's probably a video of it somewhere being sung by a tablefull of central Europeans belting it out whilst clicking together large foamy glasses.

(Long-time lurker who's just joined so don't know if link done correctly; sorry if not.)

Albatross26 Sat 07-Oct-17 23:06:04

Oh God absolutely. All started with Lily Allen on the John Lewis ad and now these breathy slowed down versions of songs are everywhere. The head shoulders knees and toes one gives me the proper fucking rage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now