Talk

Advanced search

To find kid's innocence incredibly cute?

(120 Posts)
genuineidiot Fri 06-Oct-17 19:33:50

A family friend told me this story the other day:

Her and her family were looking after 2 young kids (7 and 9). This friend I am referring to is just 14 years old.

She told me that they were sitting at the dinner table and the 7 year old suddenly came out with: "X, you're 14, that means you know everything right"?
Friend said: "No, I wish I did but no one does".
Kid said: "But my mummy knows everything. She told me that".

AIBU to find this incredibly cute? What is the cutest most innocent thing your DC has ever asked you?

genuineidiot Fri 06-Oct-17 19:37:44

Aybe this should have been in chat on second thoughts ;)M

genuineidiot Fri 06-Oct-17 19:38:02

*maybe

ContraryLollipop Fri 06-Oct-17 19:54:43

In the park sitting on a bench:

"mummy I found some play doh here! Who put that there?!" [chewing gum]

and then seeing a No Smoking picture sign "mummy what does that 'no' mean? Does that mean 'no squirting'?" [he has one of those water squirting tube things]

Then we had a long conversation about bird poo and why it lands everywhere. I thought he's understood it and then he piped up with "because toilets can't fly?"

I love these little sayings, I make notes of them on my phone so I don't forget them 😊

genuineidiot Fri 06-Oct-17 20:01:23

OMG Contrary - they are hilarious! wink

moggle Fri 06-Oct-17 20:07:54

A friend (actually more of an acquaintance) posted this conversation on FB that she'd had with her 3 year old, I screenshotted it and keep it as a favourite on my phone cos it always makes me smile. It was just before Easter and they were going to Waitrose to buy the Easter Sunday dinner
Child: why are we going shopping?
Mum: we're going to buy the lamb for the weekend
Child: oh we're going to get a lamb!!!
Mum: no, the meat lamb.
Child: oh yay, we're going to meet a lamb!!

AllTheUserNamesAreTaken Fri 06-Oct-17 20:09:42

Children's innocence makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

My son thinks he can turn the light off and on by holding his arm up towards the light and concentrating. Obviously it's not me or his Dad standing by the light turning the dimmer switch grin

NapQueen Fri 06-Oct-17 20:11:49

Dd is a bit emotional generally. She explained how she dropped her pudding at school the other day. I asked if she had a little cry about it and she replied "Mummmmyyyyyyy Im in year ONE now" with her palms out in front of her.

TroysMammy Fri 06-Oct-17 20:13:45

Parked behind an Asda delivery van with the usual willy drawn in the dirt, "oh look Auntie, someone's drawn a spaceship on that van".
Me "oh yes it looks like a rocket"
Niece "with flames coming out of the bottom of it"

genuineidiot Fri 06-Oct-17 20:15:14

Awwwwww, loving these!! grin

NoCryLilSoftSoft Fri 06-Oct-17 20:19:37

My DS is 8 and has slept in my bed all his life despite having his own lovely room and numerous attempts to get him to sleep In it. I've also been single since he was 1 so he has never seen me with a partner. He decided recently I should have a husband because his friend has a Step dad and he sounds like a lot of fun so he quite fancies having one too. Conversation. Went as follows:

DS: I wish I had a step dad too, will you get married and then I'll have one?
Me: ok but then where will you sleep?
DS: <confused> In your bed with you!
ME: but my new husband might want to sleep in my bed with me.
DS: no, he'll want to sleep in my bed, there's lego and haribos in it.

grin

chitofftheshovel Fri 06-Oct-17 20:21:04

DD 10 and I were chatting between rooms whilst getting dressed the other day and she came out with: "I'm thankful for whoever invented socks, they're like jumpers for feet". That's one I hope I remember when the mists of time descend.

Nomad86 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:23:54

My 3yo, "why is it called a moo-seum if there aren't any cows?"

EB123 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:24:39

My 6 year old loves Ed Sheeran and had the album. There is one swear wlrd (arsehole) on the CD and whenever that song comes on he turns the CD down for a couple of seconds so he doesn't hear the rude word!

genuineidiot Fri 06-Oct-17 20:28:03

Better go get some sock foot blankets grin

genuineidiot Fri 06-Oct-17 20:29:04

Aaww, re the CD, I remember when I was little I used to do that all of the time. More so that my parents didn't hear it rahter than me wink

DaisysStew Fri 06-Oct-17 20:29:05

A few months ago me and DS (nearly 3) were out for a walk and he went to touch a thorny bush. I said "Don't touch that one, it's all prickly", well in his mind I said tickly, so now every time we pass a bush or privet he runs past squealing "Don't tickle me mr bush" 😂

And when I wear my hair down he says "ooh, it's like girls hair" - when I point out that I am a girl he just laughs and says "no, you're a mummy"

Bearsinmotion Fri 06-Oct-17 20:31:14

Me: no school on Friday DD! You've got an inset day!
DD (4) looks worried.

Later, DD to Grandma: No school on Friday Grandma! It's an insect day, and I don't like insects so I don't have to go!

user1472334322 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:32:03

Sil's dd (when she was 6)
'Did you know that three babies born at the same time are called twiglets?' grin

Ds1 (when he was 3) and his cousin (same dd as above)

Cousin: ds1, you and I are cousins
Ds1: no we're not
C: yes we are
Ds1: no we're not
Me: so what are you, ds1?
Ds1: I'm trouble!
grin

genuineidiot Fri 06-Oct-17 20:36:49

Insect day! That has to become a thing wink

silkpyjamasallday Fri 06-Oct-17 20:37:12

These are too cute! I can't wait for DD to start talking properly. She has just learnt to shake her head for 'no' but does it whenever anyone asks her a question and smirks if she knows the answer is actually yes.

genuineidiot Fri 06-Oct-17 20:45:00

Pyjamas (love the username) that is cute too grin

FlandersRocks Fri 06-Oct-17 20:45:15

EB123...we've recently got an Amazon Echo which the dc love. But we realised pretty quickly that it plays the full versions of songs and not the radio edits. Ds2 (7) will be bopping along and when he knows a swear word is coming he covers his ears and goes 'LA LA LA' over it grin

Incidentally the first time we discovered that Alexa plays swear words was when I was cleaning so had a mix of upbeat 90's and 00's RnB hits going.

On comes Fatman Scoop, Be Faithful (tuunee from the old days!) and I'm quite happily bopping along whilst upstairs cleaning the bathroom...dc are in the kitchen dancing. Then comes 'WHO'S FUCKING TONIGHT! WHO'S FUCKING TONIGHT! WHO'S FUCKING TONIGHT!' at top volume. I've never run down the stairs so bloody quickly! The dc were horrified, completely pearl clutching and going 'mummy why did you play that song?!?' blush

AtlanticWaves Fri 06-Oct-17 20:46:19

We live in France. French DH always drives. We went back to the UK and I drove. My boys are now convinced that mummies drive in England and daddies in France.

Shortly after we got back the 6 year old was playing doctors listening to our hearts. He did DH first then listened for mine on the side "because mummy is English and it's not on the same side in England "

StepAwayFromCake Fri 06-Oct-17 20:48:38

I was heavily, humungously pregnant and on a bus in London, in one of those seats that are two pairs facing each other. A mum and a pre-schooler were sitting facing me. The little boy kept trying to say something to his mum, but she kept shushing him. He got more persistent and louder:

"But she is, Mummy! She's a really funny shape. She's just like Mr Wobblyman,"

(Mum is turning lobster-red)

"only Mr Wobblyman hasn't got legs, but that lady's got legs. Why has that lady got legs, Mummy?"

Not what I had expected! This Mrs Wobblyman PHSL - unsurprising, in her condition grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now