Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to wonder what on earth is going on?!

(11 Posts)
BananaStand Fri 06-Oct-17 18:34:36

Hey all, I'm a long time lurker but haven't posted before.

DH and I have been TTCing for a few months and I have been off of pill since January. My periods came back straight away and are fairly regular, between 29 - 33 days. I am now on day 37, af hasn't started but the (numerous!) pregnancy tests I have done have all been negative. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Could I be pregnant or is it just a late period? It's driving me mad not knowing if I'm pregnant or not!

QuilliamCakespeare Fri 06-Oct-17 18:37:40

Sounds like a late period. I had a random 40 day cycle when I was TTC #2. Very annoying!

BananaStand Fri 06-Oct-17 18:42:42

Thanks for replying, I was worried about that. I keep trying to convince myself that it's pregnancy but I guess it's probably not!

Shiftymake Fri 06-Oct-17 18:47:11

Could be too soon as well, had a friend who tested negative for a week, she was pregnant- with twins!

BananaStand Fri 06-Oct-17 18:52:44

That's exciting, fingers crossed! (Twins would be a bit scary though!)

BananaStand Fri 06-Oct-17 19:26:00

Also, I am supposed to be going to a theme park tomorrow. Would I mad go when I might be pregnant? I don't want to put my life on hold when chances are I'm not pregnant, but equally I really wouldn't want to take any risks if I was.

user1489434024 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:01:57

Go to theme park and have fun. I did all sorts of extreme sports whilst pregnant and didn't know I was. My child is nothing short of healthy and perfect albeit a bit wild x

QuilliamCakespeare Fri 06-Oct-17 21:07:01

I got horribly drunk before my positive test both times. You need to carry on as normal
until you see that positive test or you'll drive yourself mad. Have fun!

Mrsjohnmurphy Fri 06-Oct-17 21:12:56

I had a randomly long cycle when TTC ds2 I was convinced I was pg many many tests, still no af. Eventually got bored of testing, turned out when I had all my symptoms I was actually ovulating, 2 weeks late for whatever random reason, after never did arrive and I got a bfp 2 weeks after I first tested.

You can just get randomly long cycles even when usually regular, fingers crossed.

Ellendegeneres Fri 06-Oct-17 21:18:56

I got wasted out of my brain when I was a few weeks pregnant, when I did my test and realised I felt so guilty! But baby was fine, and if it so happens for you this time, yours will be too! Enjoy your day out, let it take your mind off it 🙂

BananaStand Fri 06-Oct-17 21:28:27

Thanks all! I will go and have fun and hope for the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now