Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I wallow in self pity, wine and doughnuts - Just for tonight?

(16 Posts)
bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 06-Oct-17 16:17:08

I was interviewed and turned down for a job today. My first interview in well over a decade and I have been volunteering etc but not in paid work for a looong time. But I had good reason to think I was in for a good chance. It has been good experience blah blah blah etc.

But rejection no matter how gently done is deflating. I feel flat and exhausted and on edge. Tomorrow I will pull up my socks and carry on but tonight I want to be fed up and probably drunk. So. Ugh.

MoonShapedPool Fri 06-Oct-17 16:18:59

YANBU - better luck next time flowers

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 06-Oct-17 16:24:47

Cheers wine

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 06-Oct-17 16:27:55

Stick some Smiths on. I never fail to be cheered up after a quick wallow in that. I'm all like, 'easy there Morrissey, it's not that bad'. grin

SootSprite Fri 06-Oct-17 16:30:07

They’re a shite place to work anyway, you’ve had a lucky escape there.

Wine and doughnuts sound like a great way to end off the week wine

LittleBooInABox Fri 06-Oct-17 16:30:22

Drink up, and Krispy Kreme donuts are the nuts! Tesco have good deals for 12 smile

Better luck next time wine

ghostyslovesheets Fri 06-Oct-17 16:31:21

go for it flowers wine watch a shit weepy film and let it all out <gently pats the OP>

TheLuminaries Fri 06-Oct-17 16:36:04

It is their loss. Enjoy your wee wallow & good luck for the next one.

Nicpem1982 Fri 06-Oct-17 16:38:20

Definitely their loss wine and donuts sound perfect

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 06-Oct-17 16:39:34

I would but Mozzer has been such a dickhead recently ... I may have to change my name. I love my MNname. But Smiths are amazing for wallowing, or Joy Division I can fall into a YouTube music hole for the night. Thank you for the suggestion.flowers gladioli

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 06-Oct-17 16:44:29

Thank you all I am feeling the love. I just wish I hadn't bought new shoes! They're nice and shiny but now and forever more tainted by rejection.

SunWindSun5 Fri 06-Oct-17 16:50:45

Did you ask how many other people applied or they were interviewing? If you got to the interview stage, you must have some qualities that employers are looking for. Also you may have been a bit nervous if it was your first interview. It's a numbers game, keep applying. Interviews are always good experiences. It's Friday enjoy your wine 🍷 and donuts

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 06-Oct-17 16:59:54

There was one other applicant they were offered part of the role but the other part neither of us were considered suitable due to lack of very specific training / experience. The other had the edge on me on another very specific area where they had more experience that related to one aspect of the other role. If that makes sense. I don't want to be too outing! So with additional training I might be suitable for the as yet unfilled role. Or I might not, in any case I will have to apply again when this role is readvertised. So that uncertainty is fun. Ugh. Again.

Whatwasthequestion Fri 06-Oct-17 17:01:03

I really sympathise OP. The exact same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago. Same circumstances. I was completely gutted and almost gave myself alcohol poisoning drowning my sorrows (not to be recommended, so enjoy your wine but go a bit steady!) Just wanted to say that it took me almost a week to cheer up but I've now bounced back and part of that process was calling interviewer for feedback. Scary but actually made me feel a lot better.

So although you have every right to feel upset - and doughnuts are definitely in order - try to remember that there will be something else even better around the corner. 💐

UnderslungBowlingBall Sat 07-Oct-17 08:36:12

Absolutely not unreasonable, might I also recommend chocolate in large quantities?
winecakeflowersgin

PodgeBod Sat 07-Oct-17 11:11:32

flowers for you OP. I've had half a dozen interviews in the last month and been rejected for all of them- and these are basic supermarket jobs. It's crap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now