Talk

Advanced search

To think Paw Patrol has got (even more) completely ridiculous now?

(52 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Fri 06-Oct-17 15:26:30

As if the talking dogs, 8 year old boy, town with a chicken as deputy mayor that isn't 3 foot deep in dog shit by now wasn't ridiculous enough.

Then we had the Jungle Rescue couple of episodes - to flog a completely different in every way (minor change of outfit) set of action figures.

And then the horror of Air Pups to flog the Air Patroller and slightly different outfit set of action figures again.

At least these were spread out somewhat to look ever-so-slightly less cynical.

Now within about a fortnight we have, with associated action figures and looking-desperately-obvious-trying-hard different outfit - Sea Patrol (Sea Patroller available separately) and this stupid Mission Paw shite with a kingdom apparently even more incompetently run than Adventure Bay.

Thankfully mine are now a bit more at the age of being slightly beyond the fucking dogs now - but this latest barrage is really really ridiculously obviously timed desperately trying to milk the Christmas pester market more so than normal.

(Chase is still an odious suck up as well)

DeleteOrDecay Fri 06-Oct-17 15:32:44

YANBU, don’t get me started on ‘Sparkle’ or what ever her name is.

SleepingStandingUp Fri 06-Oct-17 15:34:34

My husband reckons that action shot when they come down the slope into their vehicle is just an advert for "buy this". They're all stupid. Except Rubble and Skye

Amethyst975 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:50:47

HATE Paw Patrol. So many reasons. My bugbear at the moment is the token female dog. Who just HAS to be wearing pink.

Sorry, grumpy tonight. blush

Santawontbelong Fri 06-Oct-17 19:53:00

Yabu to not think the chicken is fantastic!!
Rest are really rubbish though!!

abbsisspartacus Fri 06-Oct-17 19:54:42

I love rubble the rest of it meh

Allthewaves Fri 06-Oct-17 19:57:27

Children find it strangely hypnotic - does bug me there's only one female pup original line up.

Allthewaves Fri 06-Oct-17 19:57:57

(I love chase)

Crunchymum Fri 06-Oct-17 20:00:15

Sparkle? Or do you mean Sweetie?

TheEagle Fri 06-Oct-17 20:01:28

Chickoletta is just biding her time before she takes over Adventure Bay.

I like Rubble and I think Zuma is under appreciated. The marketing is unbelievable though.

Dextersilver Fri 06-Oct-17 20:03:04

"p p p p p paw patrol, p p p p paw patroooool, now it's time to play in adventure bay" FUCK YOU RYDER SIR

Bbbbbbbb2017 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:04:06

Nothing except paw patrol makes my 2 year old sit still. Therefore I love it.

Dextersilver Fri 06-Oct-17 20:04:18

Oh excuse me, "AROUND Adventure Bay"!!

squishysquirmy Fri 06-Oct-17 20:08:07

YANBU.
Just watched an episode where they turned into "merpups" (wtf?) and they didn't even have the decency to reveal it as a dream sequence!
The power crazed, insane mayor obviously has a touch of Caligula about her too, what with making Chicaletta deputy mayor.

RandomUsernameHere Fri 06-Oct-17 20:24:55

Chase is an odious suck up

LOL brilliant 😂

teaortequila23 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:34:25

Haha my son is so OBSESSED that when we went Asda he walked around the shop picking up any item of clothing that had the stupid faces on it he cried when I put the slippers back and he picked up pants (he's still in nappies) we ended up leaving with paw patrol pyjamas.
To top it off he wants that stupid £50 car that holds the little cars. Bloody hell

DeleteOrDecay Fri 06-Oct-17 20:50:57

Sparkle? Or do you mean Sweetie?

Yeah, that one. Blergh.

museumum Fri 06-Oct-17 20:54:44

Wtf is this mission paw nonsense?

Is Everest at least sensible enough to have kept out of it and still be holed up in her cabin up the mountain with her snowboard bum owner? (Everest is the o my one I have time for).

LollyLarkin Fri 06-Oct-17 22:00:05

For the peace it gives me, I love Paw Patrol even. Chickoletta is my favourite, I love to say her name in Mayor Goodway’s voice. I also find myself muttering “you’re all good pups” way too often

LollyLarkin Fri 06-Oct-17 22:03:29

Also, DP HATES Marshall and can hardly even talk about him without becoming enraged. Goes on about his incompetence all the time, he loves Chase. He wanted to start a campaign to fire Marshall, I had to point out that Marshall is actually a fire marshal and that the campaign might not land well!

martellandginger Fri 06-Oct-17 22:10:56

You’ve clearly not been to PontyPandy lately. 😂

ticketytock1 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:30:32

That chicken freaks me the fuck out. Yanbu

Neverknowing Fri 06-Oct-17 22:32:19

YABU to get the theme song stuck in my head.
I also love Zuma.. underrated.

TakemedowntoPotatoCity Fri 06-Oct-17 22:33:36

I can't stand it. The product pushing is so fucking blatant First it was the Paw Patroller, which I caved and bought next year Air Patroller and the year Sea Patroller!? What's the betting they will be off to space next year?

Dippingmytoesin Fri 06-Oct-17 22:34:32

I fucking hate sweetie the sneaky little bitch. Why does the princess keep her if she causes so much shit?

Marshall is too clumsy too it does my head in but Ds loves it. I'm sick of them having 100000 diff abilities just so that there's more toys to buy angry

& that fucking Major

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now