Talk

Advanced search

funny stories of irrational behaviour

(15 Posts)
notagain123456 Fri 06-Oct-17 14:04:45

I behave so irrationaly when i am due on my period its like a demon has entered my body!

Does this happen to anybody else? Yesterday i fell out with my partner for liking his friends girlfriends selfie because non of his friends ever like any of my pictures on facebook. I'm laughing at myself today but i got myself all worked up to the point i had convinced myself nobody liked me.

I am in such a crappy mood today so aibu in asking for your funny stories to cheer me up.

And yes i have apologised to him and i'm forgiven but rest assured something similar will happen next month blush

DancesWithOtters Fri 06-Oct-17 14:45:31

When I was quitting smoking I used to treat myself to other things, and had bought some chocolate eclairs for getting through the week.

DP's mum had popped round to see him and they ate them. (He didn't realise I'd bought them as my no-fags treat).

When I got home to no chocolate eclairs I sat on the kitchen floor and cried my eyes out.

DeadDoorpost Fri 06-Oct-17 14:51:42

I had given up chocolate for a year and I must have been due on in the November... I'd done so well, only had til the New Year before u could have some chocolate again but I'd gone shopping in Asda with my sister, walked down the chocolate aisle and promptly burst into tears. I never usually cry.
I also must have been on another time when I came downstairs after a short sleep and cried when I dropped a glass and it didn't break. I felt like a failure because I couldn't even do that properly. And then once I'd made myself my toasted cheese sandwich that I'd come downstairs to Make, my sister asked me how it was and I burst into tears again because it tasted so good.
Usually I just get ridiculously moody and DH tends to get the brunt of it but he's currently glad I'm 33 weeks pregnant as it means he's had a break from grumpy me. Except I now get moody if I've not slept enough or I'm uncomfortable and I cry more because it's been a real struggle...

Spuddington Fri 06-Oct-17 14:52:59

I'm due on and I'm very sleep deprived. One of the lads at work forgot to replace a bin bag last night and I was so angry I had to go into the cleaning cupboard to scream.

Userlavender Fri 06-Oct-17 14:53:35

Mumsnet is a funny story of irrational behaviour across the board. It's my work break entertainment

DeadDoorpost Fri 06-Oct-17 14:54:04

I could also add one about one of my sister's actually... she becomes a right grouch, Like proper horrible. My brother made an offhand comment once and she took a pretty thick plastic chopping board nd him him with it. It snapped in two over his spine and then she cried because she knew she was going to be in trouble. Not because she was sorry she'd hit my brother. The comment wasn't even a bad one she just couldn't control her PMS

notagain123456 Fri 06-Oct-17 15:25:18

Yeah i wish i knew my behaviour was irrational at the time. He kept asking if he could cuddle me all night in bed and i wouldnt let him. I had a full blown toddler strop when i was the one in the wrong.

DanHumphreyIsA Fri 06-Oct-17 16:48:19

I cried when I was painting new skirting boards and forgot to prime them. I cried because it looked like toothpaste.

Monoblock67 Fri 06-Oct-17 16:57:23

I once cried on my period because I really, really wanted a particular frozen pizza, and when I cooked it I burnt it.
There was another, identical one in the freezer, but I had wanted THAT one and having to wait another 15 minutes made me inconsolable 🙈

ShirleyPhallus Fri 06-Oct-17 17:04:41

I was once so tired that I cried because a restaurant served me a whole fish rather than filleted and the thought of picking out the bones was too overwhelming

user1471443504 Fri 06-Oct-17 17:49:41

Heavily pregnant and draining some boiled potatoes in the sink, the pan lid slipped and I dropped half of them in the sink. I sobbed hysterically. grin

Handsfull13 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:57:21

When I was pregnant I spent all day looking forward soup for dinner. Once heated I sobbed that it didn't smell good and bawled even harder because I couldn't think of anything else to eat.

angelnix Fri 06-Oct-17 22:29:36

Heavily pregnant me really fancied a proper cup of tea, with posh biscuits and a sit down in front of the TV.

Whilst making the tea, I managed to drop, and smash my favourite bone china hand painted cup that makes all tea taste amazing. Called husband at work to wail down the phone. Due to me being so ridiculously pregnant, be excused himself from a meeting to answer the call, I sobbed for about 10 minutes down the phone to him about how everything was so awful because I broke this cup.

He returned to his meeting (having assured me that we could get another cup) where he was greeted by the rest of the team assuming I had gone into labour. Nope, he told them that I'd broken a cup and baby was still very much not wishing to make an appearance! I got sent home a complimentary office mug 😀

notagain123456 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:00:41

Another one, i got really overwhelmed when my in laws invited me out to tea, my son had a club that night and i didnt want him to miss it but i didnt want to let my inlaws down either. i cried over nandos

sineadHG Mon 09-Oct-17 15:05:30

when pregnant i cried because my DH doesnt ask me questions about being catholic (was brought up catholic, but not practising now) he was very nice about it and asked what sort of things i wanted to talk about it and shouted I DUNNO, ASH WEDNESDAY?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now