Talk

Advanced search

To find this really depressing - Sexual harassment of women.

(6 Posts)
Potofbobbles Fri 06-Oct-17 12:19:57

Story in my local city paper of a lady who has taken her boss to court.
She alleged constant sexual harassment of herself and others at work including sexual comments about her breasts and bottom and leering at her. He also wrote in a card for her birthday from her colleagues that he wanted to feel her tits. She says she would leave work and come home crying.

The comments on the article are AWFUL
From men AND other women.

It's banter
It's not like she's a young girl so what's her problem.
She's lost her sense of humour.
She's destroyed his life
She's a 'munter' and should be grateful
She looks like she 'needs some' anyway

As Mum of a teen girl I fucking despair.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155028243842060&id=107654667059

user1497357411 Fri 06-Oct-17 13:56:38

That's horrid. The poor girl.

Birdsgottafly Fri 06-Oct-17 14:47:16

It just shows that things aren't changing and the campaigns about stopping Everyday sexism need to continue.

I do think that we need to look at these gendered comments as a hate crime, because the comments about men don't go to the extent that they do on women. Leave it to run and the comments start on the possible state of the Woman's genitals etc.

Spuddington Fri 06-Oct-17 14:50:47

Every weekend I'm forced to wear a tshirt to work that has an overtly sexual slogan across my tits. Male members of staff don't have to wear them.
I always come home feeling sick. 8 hours of drunken men commenting on it.

HelenaDove Fri 06-Oct-17 15:03:42

WTF thats disgusting.................both the experience in the OP and Spuddingtons T shirt.

Completely unacceptable.

Somerford Fri 06-Oct-17 18:53:18

It's absolutely vile. The perpetrators of this kind of harassment and their apologists, whether male or female, need to have a serious word with themselves. It's not banter. It's not "having a laugh". It's not harmless fun being curtailed by the PC Brigade. It's shameful behaviour and I sincerely I hope she wins her court case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: