Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to REALLY wonder what...

(14 Posts)
xqwertyx Thu 05-Oct-17 23:34:41

the people are doing inside toilet cubicles, making no sound...you have gone in, done a number one, maybe thrown a number 2 in there as well, hands washed and dried.... and they are still in there, silent.

There are times a cleaner has locked an empty cubicle due to a toilet malfunction etc, but 90% of the time there IS a person in there!

xqwertyx Thu 05-Oct-17 23:40:42

Just to add, i would love to hear from some self proclaimed cubicle lurkers.

Am i missing out on some great adventures going on in there... is it a modern day ‘The Lion, The Witch And The Lavatory?

WorraLiberty Thu 05-Oct-17 23:43:08

They'll be Mumsnetting about the woman in the cubicle next door, throwing her shit down the toilet, instead of crapping it out.

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Thu 05-Oct-17 23:43:58

Maybe they are waiting for you to leave.

gamerchick Thu 05-Oct-17 23:45:03

Some people hold that crimp until they’re alone again.

Some like to shite in peace grin

Caulkheadupnorf Thu 05-Oct-17 23:45:17

My friend is a huge introvert. She spends ages in the toilet. If you ask why she took so long she will either say she was thinking or that she was needing some space away from people...

SleepingStandingUp Thu 05-Oct-17 23:46:09

I always thinks its a bid odd too UP elwhen there's no noise or movement but clearly someone in and you've seen the queue half disappear and they're still in there, mning about their neighbour or MIL

clumsyduck Thu 05-Oct-17 23:55:29

Waiting for you to leave so you don't hear the enormous splash from my turd

ZerbaPadnaTigre Thu 05-Oct-17 23:56:39

Phone. I never do it when there's a queue or loads of people around though because the whole point is that it's nice and quiet and empty.

MrsOverTheRoad Fri 06-Oct-17 00:04:19

I'm waiting for you to bugger off OP, so I can go in peace!

I can't perform when someone else is in the room.

TheDowagerCuntess Fri 06-Oct-17 00:44:19

Cubicles are undignified places at the best of times. There is nothing more grim than backing one out with - albeit unseeing - audience. Some people just need to be alone.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Fri 06-Oct-17 00:49:44

They’re clearly the Toilet Weirdos of MN. You know, the bunch of MNers who for some reason do go to the loo normally. They’re busy faffing on with hovering, putting toilet roll downing the seat, tutting at toilet brushes, holding in their poos and thinking about the time a workman asked if he could have a wee and it incensed them.

They are to be pitied OP, leave them alone

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Fri 06-Oct-17 10:20:52

This had made me laugh, it's so true. 90 percent of the times I'm taking the dc to the loo, so the lurkers must hear a lot of random conversations.

xqwertyx Fri 06-Oct-17 15:04:59

Thank you all for clearing this up for me!

Its good to know i’m not missing out on much - although i did NOT realise throwing my shit down the toilet wasnt normal procedure, i must look into this hands free method.

I do completely understand the need for privacy, but my poo flies out so i guess i’ve never needed to hang around in there waiting for people to leave, i always ensure the loos are empty before i commit to a number 2, and within 2 minutes the jobs done.

As for the mobile phone users - i’ve never thought of doing this, i do take my phone in the loo at home though, so maybe i need to take this practice into work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now