Talk

Advanced search

Feeling sad

(13 Posts)
namechangealways Thu 05-Oct-17 21:44:59

I'm struggling at the moment, I keep finding myself feeling just so sad. I then feel guilty for feeling sad. I just don't know what to do to improve things.

Shoxfordian Thu 05-Oct-17 21:49:01

What do you feel sad about?

Gramgram Thu 05-Oct-17 21:51:06

Do you know what is making you feel so down? Lots of people start feeling down when it gets dark earlier and earlier.

Hope something makes you smile tomorrow. Try a walk and really look at the autumnal colours on the trees. Take care of yourself. flowers

IamaBluebird Thu 05-Oct-17 22:21:23

Sorry to see that you are feeling sad. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Try and find time for something you enjoy, flowers

namechangealways Thu 05-Oct-17 22:34:21

Hi everyone. Thank you, I'm not sure what I'm sad about specifically, it's just an overarching feeling of 'sad'. I know I sound pathetic sad

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Thu 05-Oct-17 22:38:26

I know how you feel OP. I've been there. Really down and overcome with sad feelings even though there wasn't anything particular in my life that would make me feel bad, so that made me feel guilty too.

It got so I didn't open the curtains, lived in the dark all day, didn't open post and felt consumed by grim.

Do you think going to talk to your Doctor would help? or, even, from experience, as an immediate and free cost help, get outdoors and walk. Walk and walk and walk.

Do you have a partner, any children? any family around you?

Corkscrewbetty Thu 05-Oct-17 22:38:49

If you start by writing things down, it could help. One problem at a time. One day at a time. Feel free to share with us and we might be able to make some suggestions. When I feel stressed, breathing exercises can help me unwind and clear my head. 4, 7, 8 breathing. Without knowing the specifics... it's hard to reach out to you. A problem shared... :-) Hope you start feeling better soon. Writing your post was a first step!

ComingUpTrumps Thu 05-Oct-17 22:40:24

OP flowers do you think you could talk to your GP about how you feel at all?

namechangealways Thu 05-Oct-17 22:44:38

That's it Enrique. Yes I'm married, no children (this is a major source of sadness for me).

whirlyswirly Thu 05-Oct-17 22:51:20

You don't sound pathetic at all. Does anything bring you pleasure at the moment?

Sometimes I have to just get outside and look at the trees or the sky to get things back on kilter. (I know that sounds mad.)

Mittens1969 Thu 05-Oct-17 22:53:16

I’ve been where you are, OP, it was horrible and medication helped me cope with the hurt. (I now have 2 DDs, adopted, but I had a lot of grieving to do first.) It takes time to come to terms with the pain, it really does, and I would recommend talking to a therapist, talking to someone outside the situation can be very helpful. flowers

TiesThatBindMe Thu 05-Oct-17 22:59:51

How is your sleep?

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Thu 05-Oct-17 23:03:22

I'm going to bed now, but do talk to us. I will listen and so will everyone else on your thread.

Put down here the things you'd like to talk about and we will all try to help in any way we can flowers Even sharing can make you feel a bit better and sometimes there'll be an idea that really helps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: