Talk

Advanced search

To have never sent or received a "sexy pic"

(109 Posts)
WhatsThisNow Thu 05-Oct-17 20:04:12

Do people really do this a lot? What does it involve? I can't imagine willingly taking a naked picture of myself (pouting??) and sending it to my husband/partner/random off Tinder. I've also never opened a text to find a flaccid penis sitting there. Or erect I suppose. It really worries me that in the future my small children will think photographing your bits (I can't actually believe sane grown ups do this) and texting them to someone is normal social interaction. I feel like a dinosaur sometimes. I'm pretty sure nobody I know does this. But then again, I've never actually asked...maybe they're all at it? It just seems so dangerous - and nasty. AIBU?

Tilapia Thu 05-Oct-17 20:06:13

Neither have I. I don’t feel like I’m missing anything!

TheMasterNotMargarita Thu 05-Oct-17 20:07:03

YANBU.
I'd hate to be in the dating game nowadays.
I think it's horrible.
But I'm also an auld yin so perhaps I just don't get it.

Sparklingbrook Thu 05-Oct-17 20:07:09

I can't see the point personally. I have discussed it with my two DSs who don't understand it either. It's actually quite foolish.

Youcanttaketheskyfromme Thu 05-Oct-17 20:07:52

Fair enough if you don't want to and don't enjoy it.

Some people do. Both sending and receiving.

NewDaddie Thu 05-Oct-17 20:09:36

Yanbu it's vile

and forget about your kids future love lives you might fall victim yourself if you find yourself single again since it's catching on with the auld uns too.

isthistoonosy Thu 05-Oct-17 20:09:41

I've never done it either and never received a dick pic.
However I've seen a few naked pics of mens gf and /or wives. I've never asked to see them just been thrust before my eyes mid conversation, I never worked out why I was shown them tbh. But it does mean ny husband is never getting a naked pic of me.

tippz Thu 05-Oct-17 20:09:47

There you go @WhatsThisNow

<<<

You're welcome. smile

topcat2014 Thu 05-Oct-17 20:10:11

I can't think of anything less erotic. Fortunately my phone doesn't take pictures, so DW is not going to be getting any dick pics from me.

Similarly, can't receive photos either.

So - one less thing for us both to worry about. Could send this emoji I suppose.

%--->

tippz Thu 05-Oct-17 20:11:30

And here, for the ladies on here who have never had one.

I give you.....

A DICK pic

<<<

Madreputa Thu 05-Oct-17 20:12:21

I never do this and nobody sends me nude/ rude pics either. It would freak me out and it says a lot about the person who does this kinda infantile shit.
I much rather prefer the real thing in front of me.

SilverySurfer Thu 05-Oct-17 20:13:03

I think it's gross and thank my lucky stars that when I was young enough to even think about doing it - mobiles were yet to be invented for some decades, by which time I would have been old and wrinkly grin

Sparklingbrook Thu 05-Oct-17 20:13:30

Why would anyone want to see a picture of a willy on their phone?

Tilapia Thu 05-Oct-17 20:13:52

Thank you tippz grin

tippz Thu 05-Oct-17 20:14:40

You're welcome Tilapia. smile

WhatsThisNow Thu 05-Oct-17 20:15:48

Ha ha %---> it took me a while to figure this out. I like it. So sexy wink

Undercoverbanana Thu 05-Oct-17 20:17:13

My best friend and I send each other pictures of rude shaped vegetables or cuddly toys doing rude things. It helps us get through the working day. Does that count?

Youcanttaketheskyfromme Thu 05-Oct-17 20:19:07

Why does anyone like anything sexual ?

Why do some people like being tied up and humiliated ?

Why do some enjoy a good spanking ?

Why do some like being pissed on ?

Why do some like dressing up in furry costumes ?

Why do some like to swing ?

They just do.

As long as it's consensual between adults I don't judge. It mighty not be for me but I don't judge.

Bufferingkisses Thu 05-Oct-17 20:20:27

"Sexy" doesn't always mean dick pic does it?

Sending an "arty" shot can be titillating I'm sure. Personally, I'd not, except to my partner as part of a good sexual relaruonship with a lot of trust involved - and a weather eye on "would I mind if this appeared on the internet one day".

As for our kids... they're growing up in a different world than we did - just like we grew up in a different world than our parents did. Our experiences are not really the same thing.

WhatsThisNow Thu 05-Oct-17 20:22:05

What's an arty shot of a willy?

BitchQueen90 Thu 05-Oct-17 20:22:51

I've never done it and I'm late 20s. Honestly I just wouldn't ever trust anyone enough to be honest, a friend of mine had pictures she sent her boyfriend posted on social media. I know it's a crime to do that now but it doesn't seem to deter people and once they're out there that's it.

Squarerouteofsquirrel Thu 05-Oct-17 20:23:08

Men’s bits are really not that great to look at at the best of times, so would prefer to go about my daily business minus the dick pics.

Do people really need a constant reminder of what their love interests genitals look like, don’t we have imaginations anymore.

Sparklingbrook Thu 05-Oct-17 20:23:11

The equivalent in the 80s would have been taking a picture of your genitals and taking them to Boots to get them developed then sending them off in the post to the person you were trying to impress.. except IIRC they wouldn't have let you have any rude ones back. V sensible.

ToastyFingers Thu 05-Oct-17 20:23:38

I've sent dh the odd rude pic.
He's my husband and partner of 10 years though, I don't think it's a good idea if there's any risk of it being broadcast.

LapCatLicker Thu 05-Oct-17 20:24:01

Another dick pic for you. Bwa hahaha!
I had someone send these to me (pics of his todger, not BoJo *shudders) I never understood it and it left me cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now