Talk

Advanced search

to actually respect Kim Catrall for this?

(95 Posts)
ASmallBlueberry Thu 05-Oct-17 19:31:08

Kim Catrall is being criticised for not wanting to do Sex And The City 3 and has been very vocal on social media that she just didn't want to go back to the character.

Half the cast are publicly slagging her off for it and many 'fans' too.

She's 61! She's openly said she doesn't fancy playing that character again and I can't say I blame her - she also agreed that the last film was...not great.

I'm surprised at the vitriol being aimed at her for it. It's very un-sexandthecityish really.

What does everyone think?

*no 'why do you care?!' posts please 😁 I am a big SATC fan so I do care

ASmallBlueberry Thu 05-Oct-17 19:32:10

Link - www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a12785802/sex-and-the-citys-willie-garson-kim-cattrall-twitter/?src=socialflowFB

HelenaDove Thu 05-Oct-17 19:32:18

I love Kim I think shes fab.

OwlinaTree Thu 05-Oct-17 19:32:52

I loved the series but thought the first film was pants and didn't even bother watching the second film. I'm not surprised she doesn't want to do it any more.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 05-Oct-17 19:33:09

She'll be doing everyone a favour ,the films were shockingly bad.

lessworriedaboutthecat Thu 05-Oct-17 19:33:30

I agree with her the TV series was off its time. The world doesn't need or want a Sex And The City 3.

Bumshkawahwah Thu 05-Oct-17 19:33:35

I agree. Tbh after the tragedy that was SATC2, i’d dread to think what they do with SATC 3. Talk about flogging a dead horse. I loved the series but the films didn’t do it for me. Big must be a pensioner by now, surely.

LovelyPrep Thu 05-Oct-17 19:33:44

Don't blame her at all. I liked the series and the first movie but the second was appalling and there is no need for a third. I don't even see where it can go now anyway. Although I like SATC I have always got mean girls vibes from some of the cast, to be honest.

Gracielaw Thu 05-Oct-17 19:33:46

Good for her !

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 05-Oct-17 19:34:06

Those films were awful.

Good on her.

dontslouchdarling Thu 05-Oct-17 19:34:11

YANBU - she's a beautiful and very eloquent woman and also a very good actress. She shouldn't have to justify herself. I'm a big SATC fan too but all good things come to an end. The second film wasn't great and they slapped so much make up on KC that she looked a bit clownish.

Youcanstayundermyumbrella Thu 05-Oct-17 19:34:52

The first film was meh, the second unbearable. I think the only way a third film could work would be a prequel with different actors. I don't blame Kim Cattrall for running a mile.

Bluntness100 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:35:18

I think she’s trying to claw back some positive publicity. The initial reports were she was very happy to do the role but made such outrageous demands, that they would produce other films for her, that they said no and it fell apart.

That I don’t respect. If it’s true, and I think it is true and everyone was all set up. If she was never interested it would have fell down at the start.

ASmallBlueberry Thu 05-Oct-17 19:35:22

She is great, isn't she? I love SATC but I do think it should be left alone now.

It would be a very easy payday for her really so I respect her saying no more!

greendale17 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:36:08

Can't stand her- she is too much of a diva

HelenaDove Thu 05-Oct-17 19:36:34

Kim was supposed to be on this flight but stayed in London to do some extra Christmas shopping.

history.info/on-this-day/1988-how-christmas-shopping-saved-kim-cattrall-from-death-in-a-plane-explosion/

tippz Thu 05-Oct-17 19:36:37

She is 61?! shock She looks fab!

That aside, I don't blame her. The other films were shit - and the tv programme wasn't great either.... remember that ghastly performance by Geri Halliwell shudder ... I don't think I know a soul who has watched more than 3 or 4 episodes!

SelmaAndJubjub Thu 05-Oct-17 19:36:47

Even the final series of SATC was rubbish. Am still raging that they made Miranda find contentment in wiping her MIL's bum instead of being a shit-hot lawyer angry

Bubblebubblepop Thu 05-Oct-17 19:36:55

I'm surprised it's her saying no and not SJP- KC doesn't really strike me as a picky actress tbh?

I loved SATC but it's had its day- it's not relevant anymore

Blueemeraldagain Thu 05-Oct-17 19:37:04

Totally agree. For a show partly about women being in control of their own careers and doing what suits them and not other people the irony is surprising.

FrLukeDuke Thu 05-Oct-17 19:37:51

She was brill in My Boy Jack

Loopytiles Thu 05-Oct-17 19:38:45

The films were dire.

dontslouchdarling Thu 05-Oct-17 19:38:49

To be fair I think she remained a shit hot lawyer but just one that was also prepared to care for an ill MIL.

MuchBenham Thu 05-Oct-17 19:39:05

I love Kim. She rules. She is a really good actress - Sensitive Skin, Witness for the Prosecution, etc. It's her choice - why go back? She has no need to.

ASmallBlueberry Thu 05-Oct-17 19:39:08

@Bubble I get the impression that SJP loved Carrie Bradshaw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now