Talk

Advanced search

To think I can track down this book?

(12 Posts)
TheOriginalChatelaine Thu 05-Oct-17 12:12:13

Thought this would get the most attention by posting here!

I'm determined and have hope!

I'm learning Spanish with a friend through the U3A (The University of the Third Age) and we have a tutorial with a retired teacher twice a month, outside of holidays. We do not have any work marked although we work through the exercises. That is the frustrating bit.

We are using The School Spanish Course by John C. Pride. Please see photos.

The * Key* to School Spanish Course by John C. Pride ISBN 9780723108894 would be a great aid to us in marking our own work. We are over 50 btw.

It's proving difficult to track down to say the least!

I'm hoping and praying someone has a copy in their loft....or even their parent's loft from school days!

If anyone has a copy of the key, a good price would be extended.

Any suggestions on how to obtain a copy would be gratefully received also.

Thank you if you have read this far!

MargoLovebutter Thu 05-Oct-17 12:17:21

Have you tried ebay: www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XThe+Key+to+School+Spanish+Course+by+John+C.+Pride+ISBN+9780723108894.TRS0&_nkw=The+Key+to+School+Spanish+Course+by+John+C.+Pride+ISBN+9780723108894&_sacat=0

GeekyWombat Thu 05-Oct-17 12:19:08

I don't think those are the answer book though...

OtterlyNutty Thu 05-Oct-17 12:23:35

This one?
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/School-Spanish-Course-by-Pride-John-C-Paperback-Book-The-Cheap-Fast-Free-Post-/391787301929?roken=cUgayN

OneForTheRoadThen Thu 05-Oct-17 12:24:06

Can you double check the ISBN you have for the key? The one you have given relates to the course book rather than the key.

QueenBeet Thu 05-Oct-17 12:24:38

Ask your local library to get it for you via the inter-library loan service. You will probably have to pay a fee. There are at least four copies in the UK, including the British Library.

SandBlue Thu 05-Oct-17 12:28:58

would the ebook version work?

Plexie Thu 05-Oct-17 12:31:04

There's not even a copy available via Abe Books, so that's not a good sign.

QueenBeet beat me to it re libraries. There are apparently copies in the National Library of Wales, National Library of Scotland, British Library, University of Cambridge library, and Stockport(!) library.

If I were you I'd chose a different book of exercises. There are loads available nowadays.

OtterlyNutty Thu 05-Oct-17 12:34:45

GeekyWombat
I don't think those are the answer book though...

That will teach me for skim reading while I'm at work blush

GriefLeavesItsMark Thu 05-Oct-17 12:37:44

Have you tried Abe books?

GriefLeavesItsMark Thu 05-Oct-17 12:38:46

Sorry, cross posted!

TheOriginalChatelaine Thu 05-Oct-17 19:19:00

You are all marvellous, thank you for the responses so far!

GriefLeavesItsMark - thank you I have emailed them and other book sources.

Sandblue - It's a consideration but I am hesitant to sign up for the $ subscription just now. Sorely tempted.

Queenbeet - thank you, I'll try that suggestion asap.

Thank you to all. I'll let you know if this bares fruit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now