Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if Trump is a psychopath?

(37 Posts)
brasty Thu 05-Oct-17 10:22:33

I am not using this thread just as a general insult, but I seriously wonder if he has psychopathic traits. He seems to do anger well, but other emotions like grief he looks like he is faking it. He has very poor impulse control as is obvious from his tweets, and he lies constantly, but seems to believe it, or at the least show absolutely no shame about it. So yes, it is a bit of armchair diagnosing, but could he have psychopathic traits?

nocake Thu 05-Oct-17 10:25:19

No. It's been suggested that he has narcissistic personality disorder but he certainly isn't a psychopath.

brasty Thu 05-Oct-17 10:26:10

Okay, wondering why you are so sure?

Theworldisfullofidiots Thu 05-Oct-17 10:26:20

Possibly narcissist with grandiose fantasies and a bit thick actually.

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Thu 05-Oct-17 10:29:49

Just a common or garden twat.

x2boys Thu 05-Oct-17 10:30:00

I often wondered if Tony Blair was one ? But i do think successful politicians have to have similar traits they said Hitler was very charasmatic.

BakerCandlestickmaker Thu 05-Oct-17 10:32:29

I think he's a bit of an open book.

That's the opposite of a psychopath isn't it?

SuperBeagle Thu 05-Oct-17 10:35:33

Hitler wasn't a psychopath.

And Donald Trump isn't a psychopath either.

brasty Thu 05-Oct-17 10:36:56

Okay seems like everyone else thinks I am wrong.

Incitatus Thu 05-Oct-17 10:37:11

There’s been some ideas floated that it may be autism. His son shows signs and it may account for his difficulty in expressing himself. He may have a bit more going on upstairs than people realise, but wouldn’t necessarily be able to demonstrate this on the outside.

It may account for why he gets on well with Putin, because he apparently has aspergers.

Trump isn’t a psychopath though.

BakerCandlestickmaker Thu 05-Oct-17 10:37:21

No I really don't know.

Mummyoflittledragon Thu 05-Oct-17 10:41:51

Bring a psychopath isn’t an official diagnosis. People are scored. Donald trump according to this by a University of Oxford scholar scores higher than Hitler.

EdmundCleverClogs Thu 05-Oct-17 10:43:54

I don't think he is either. I think he's very representative of what happens when genuinely stupid/thick people are given too much money and status in life.

squiz81 Thu 05-Oct-17 10:44:20

There was a horizon documentary recently called 'What makes a psychopath' it said that many high level politicians display psychopathic traits, they allow them to make the hard decisions for the greater good (hopefully)

BakerCandlestickmaker Thu 05-Oct-17 10:45:21

Oh he is definitely a high scorer on blaming others!

But then I saw a summary of Hillary Clinton's recent book and she also seemed to be overdoing blaming everyone else.

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 05-Oct-17 10:48:32

I don't think he's a psychopath and certainly don't think he has ASD.

I think he's simply the product of entitled, monied, white middle class families raising their children with silver spoons in their mouths and no real understanding of life or hardship.

Everything he's achieved, he's achieved because he's monied. Take away the millions and what's left? A slimy misogynist with no respect for anyone. Common enough, just most don't have the cash to buy a presidency.

Medeci Thu 05-Oct-17 10:54:53

Don't think he's a psycopath, possibly on the autistic spectrum though.
He appears socially awkward. Also seems to have problems showing empathy or concern.
His face doesn't show much expression and smiles don't look genuine.
The speech he gave about the recent shootings was really stilted.

BarbarianMum Thu 05-Oct-17 11:00:39

I don't see any signs of autism in him personally. He doesn't strike me as "socially awkward" , more "totally self centred". But this thread is probably a good illustration of why you can't diagnose remotely.

HappyLollipop Thu 05-Oct-17 11:10:38

He's a definite narcissist but I doubt he's a psychopath as he comes across too stupid for that to be the case.

LagunaBubbles Thu 05-Oct-17 11:30:40

Bring a psychopath isn’t an official diagnosis

Personality disorders are official diagnosis using the DSM.

dantdmistedious Thu 05-Oct-17 11:33:08

I do t think He's thick as such - too successful in business and managed to somehow become president. I don't think he's a psycopath either.

I think he's a small minded wanker.

brasty Thu 05-Oct-17 11:36:22

I didn't think he actually was that successful in business, it is all pr. I read that he would have made the same amount of money by just sticking his inheritance into an investment account.

FenceSitter01 Thu 05-Oct-17 11:37:23

I think he's simply the product of entitled, monied, white middle class families raising their children with silver spoons in their mouths and no real understanding of life or hardship.

His parents came out of not much, his mother was ironically an illegal immigrant to the USA, his early years whilst not quite 'ghetto' certainly weren't comfortable, not until he was 13 did his father acrue any wealth.

Thie "middle class" comment is used as some form of insult. I do wish people actually understood how class works.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 05-Oct-17 11:39:16

MothertotheLords up until your post I thought the saying was 'communal garden' - it makes much more sense now. Luckily for me I thought it was such a stupid saying that I never use it grin

The world will breathe easier when Trump's not in power, that's for sure.

IdaDown Thu 05-Oct-17 11:48:29

He reminds me of a toddler who's never been told 'no'

'Not fair' - waaaaaaah <tweet>

'Fake news' - waaaaaaah. <tweet>

To paraphrase Yul Brener "etc... etc... etc..."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now